Peyronie’s disease is a condition characterized by a curvature of your penis caused by scar tissue that builds up inside the penis. It can cause shortening of the penis in addition to pain. While doctors note that most treatments for the condition involve medication or surgery, recently they have been studying the efficacy of manual stretching to help treat the condition. While stretching exercises or machines will not eliminate the scar tissue that caused the condition, it can improve the curvature, according to Dr. Jason Greenfield of Columbia University Medical Center 1. Check with your doctor before attempting to treat your condition with these exercises.
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
Penis Stretch No. 1
Begin by grasping your penis just behind the glans, or head, and pull it straight out from your body. Hold this stretch for about 15 seconds, then return to the relaxed position. Follow this stretch by grasping your penis and stretching it up, down, to the right and to the left, holding each stretch for about 15 seconds. After you have completed these stretches, massage your penis to erection and grab the base of it with your thumb and forefinger to form a circle similar to the “OK” sign. Apply steady pressure and “milk” your penis with your hand from the base to the glans 10 times. Repeat as directed by your doctor.
- Begin by grasping your penis just behind the glans, or head, and pull it straight out from your body.
- Follow this stretch by grasping your penis and stretching it up, down, to the right and to the left, holding each stretch for about 15 seconds.
Penis Stretch No. 2
Arabic Jelqing Exercises
Lubricate your penis with lubricating oils and massage until it is semi-erect. Grasp your penis at the base with your thumb and forefinger as if you were forming the “OK” sign. Apply moderate pressure on your penis with your fingers. Begin sliding your fingers down the shaft of your penis while keeping enough pressure to see the head of your penis swell with blood. As you get near the head of your penis with your first hand, grasp the base with the thumb and forefinger of your opposite hand and begin sliding down toward the glans. Continue this motion using both hands. You should perform 100 repetitions of this exercise at the beginning and slowly work up to 200 repetitions. Stop this exercise if you feel the need to ejaculate.
- Lubricate your penis with lubricating oils and massage until it is semi-erect.
- As you get near the head of your penis with your first hand, grasp the base with the thumb and forefinger of your opposite hand and begin sliding down toward the glans.
Penis Stretch No. 3
For this version of the penis-stretching exercise, grasp your flaccid penis with your hand at the head of the penis with enough pressure that you can hold your member but still allow blood flow. Pull outward firmly until it is stretched as far as possible, and hold this stretch for up to five minutes. Relax the stretch for about one minute, then repeat, this time following the stretch by pulling your penis up, down and to the left and right. Repeat the entire process four times.
- For this version of the penis-stretching exercise, grasp your flaccid penis with your hand at the head of the penis with enough pressure that you can hold your member but still allow blood flow.
- Relax the stretch for about one minute, then repeat, this time following the stretch by pulling your penis up, down and to the left and right.
Arabic Jelqing Exercises
How to Treat Phimosis With Stretching Exercises
Physical Therapy Exercises After Hand Surgery
Sciatica Exercises for Tingling Feet
Natural Male Enlargement Exercises
Exercises to Increase Hip Size
Thoracic Spine Stretches
Exercises for Sciatic Nerve Spasms
How to Correct Pulled Forward Shoulders
Jelqing & Kegel Exercises
- Columbia University Medical Center: Peyronie's Disease
- Marra G, Drury A, Tran L, Veale D, Muir GH. Systematic review of surgical and nonsurgical interventions in normal men complaining of small penis size. Sex Med Rev. 2019;2019:S2050-0521(19)30012-5. doi:10.1016/j.sxmr.2019.01.004
- Hatipoğlu N, Kurtoğlu S. Micropenis: etiology, diagnosis and treatment approaches. J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2013;5(4):217-23. doi:10.4274/Jcrpe.1135
- Karavalos S, Stewart J, Evbuomwan, McEleny K, Aird I. Assessment of the infertile male. TOG. 2013 Jan;15(1):1-9. doi:10.1111/j.1744-4667.2012.00145.x
- Kim SO, Ryu KH, Hwang IS, Jung SI, Oh KJ, Park K. Penile growth in response to human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) treatment in patients with idiopathic hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. Chonnam Med J. 2011;47(1):39-42. doi:10.4068/cmj.2011.47.1.39
- Van der Horst HJ, De Wall LL. Hypospadias, all there is to know. Eur J Pediatr. 2017;176(4):435-41. doi:10.1007/s00431-017-2864-5
- Egydio PH, Kuehhas FE, Sansalone S. Penile length and girth restoration in severe Peyronie's disease using circular and longitudinal grafting. BJU Int. 2013;111(4 Pt B):E213-9. doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11582.x
- Kwon YS, Farber N, Yu JW, et al. Longitudinal recovery patterns of penile length and the underexplored benefit of long-term phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor use after radical prostatectomy. BMC Urol. 2018;18(1):37. doi:10.1186/s12894-018-0341-8
- King IC, Tahir A, Ramanathan C, Siddiqui H. Buried penis: evaluation of outcomes in children and adults, modification of a unified treatment algorithm, and review of the literature. ISRN Urol. 2013;2013:109349. doi:10.1155/2013/109349
- Prause N, Park J, Leung S, Miller G. Women's preferences for penis size: a new research method using selection among 3D models. PLoS ONE. 2015;10(9):e0133079. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0133079
- Veale D, Miles S, Read J, et al. Penile dysmorphic disorder: development of a screening scale. Arch Sex Behav. 2015;44(8):2311-21. doi:10.1007/s10508-015-0484-6
- Oderda M, Gontero P. Non-invasive methods of penile lengthening: fact or fiction?. BJU Int. 2011;107(8):1278-82. doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09647.x
- Oates J, Sharp G. Nonsurgical medical penile girth augmentation: Experience-based recommendations. Aesthet Surg J. 2017;37(9):1032-8. doi:10.1093/asj/sjx068
- Bescós R, Sureda A, Tur JA, Pons A. The effect of nitric-oxide-related supplements on human performance. Sports Med. 2012;42(2):99-117. doi:10.2165/11596860-000000000-00000
- Usta MF, Ipekci T. Penile traction therapy for Peyronie's disease - what's the evidence?. Transl Androl Urol. 2016;5(3):303-9. doi:10.21037/tau.2016.03.25
- Ahmed U, Freeman A, Kirkham A, Ralph DJ, Minhas S, Muneer A. Self injection of foreign materials into the penis. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2017;99(2):e78-e82. doi:10.1308/rcsann.2016.0346
- Campbell J, Gillis J. A review of penile elongation surgery. Transl Androl Urol. 2017;6(1):69-78. doi:10.21037/tau.2016.11.19
- Xu L, Zhao M, Chen W, et al. Augmentation phalloplasty with autologous dermal fat graft in the treatment of small penis. Ann Plast Surg. 2016 Feb;77(Suppl 1):S60-5. doi:10.1097/SAP.0000000000000782
- Srinivas BV, Vasan SS, Mohammed S. Penile lengthening procedure with V-Y advancement flap and an interposing silicone sheath: a novel methodology. Indian J Urol. 2012;28(3):340-2. doi:10.4103/0970-1591.102722
- Anandan L, Mohammed A. Surgical management of buried penis in adults. Cent European J Urol. 2018;71(3):346-52. doi:10.5173/ceju.2018.1676
- Egydio PH, Kuehhas FE. Penile lengthening and widening without grafting according to a modified 'sliding' technique. BJU Int. 2015;116(6):965-72. doi:10.1111/bju.13065
- Loreto C, Garaffa G, Dijnovic R, Barbagli G, Villa M, Sansalone S. Penile disassembly: anatomical surgical steps. BJU Int. 2013;112(7):1035-45. doi:10.1111/bju.12413
- Rodriguez KM, Kohn TP, Davis AB, Hakky TS. Penile implants: a look into the future. Transl Androl Urol. 2017;6(Suppl 5):S860-S866. doi:10.21037/tau.2017.05.28
- Chauhan NS, Sharma V, Dixit VK, Thakur M. A review on plants used for improvement of sexual performance and virility. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:868062. doi:10.1155/2014/868062
Keith Strange spent more than a decade as a staff writer for newspapers in the southeastern United States, winning numerous awards for his work. He has a B.S. in wellness/sports medicine from Averett University and completed graduate work in exercise physiology. Strange is a former competitive martial artist and holds a third-degree black belt in tae kwon do.