The technique known as Arabic jelqing, or milking, is a Middle Eastern penis enlargement exercise that is reported to increase both the size and circumference of the male organ. It is designed to stimulate blood flow to the penis. While there are multiple surgical and pharmaceutical penis enlargement options available, jelqing is a technique that doesn’t require special products and can be done in the privacy of your own bathroom. While the exercises are widely reported to increase your "size," consult your physician before undertaking any of these techniques.
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
The Wet Jelq
This technique is best performed when your penis is semi-erect, and begins by warming up your penis with a hot shower or bath. Place some lubricant like baby oil on both hands and rub it into your semi-erect penis. Encircle the penis with the thumb and forefinger of one hand, making sure the palm of your hand is facing the ground. Grip your penis firmly at the base with your thumb and forefinger in the shape of an OK sign. Squeeze gently and run your encircled fingers slowly down the length of your shaft until you reach the glans (head). When you reach the glans, start the technique using the other hand. Alternate using both hands and try to perform about 200 strokes daily, working slowly up to about 500 daily strokes, according to howtojelq.com.
- This technique is best performed when your penis is semi-erect, and begins by warming up your penis with a hot shower or bath.
- Encircle the penis with the thumb and forefinger of one hand, making sure the palm of your hand is facing the ground.
The Dry Jelq
Natural Male Enlargement Exercises
This technique places more stress on the penile shaft because it does not require lubrication, according to the Penis Enlargement Manual. It is similar to the wet jelq, but requires only one hand. Use a hand in the manner described above, but when you reach the end of your shaft you should contract your pelvic floor muscles as if trying to stop the flow of urine. While holding this muscle contraction return your hand to the base of your penis and use the loose skin surrounding your shaft to allow your encircled fingers to move down your shaft. Perform approximately 200 strokes daily, slowly increasing the repetitions until you reach about 500 strokes.
- This technique places more stress on the penile shaft because it does not require lubrication, according to the Penis Enlargement Manual.
- Use a hand in the manner described above, but when you reach the end of your shaft you should contract your pelvic floor muscles as if trying to stop the flow of urine.
The stretched jelqing exercise requires two hands throughout the technique and is performed by squeezing your penis with one hand right behind the glans, stretching it slightly, according to the Penis Enlargement Manual. Grip your penis at the base with your thumb and forefinger encircling your shaft in an "OK" sign with your palms facing down. Stroke forward in a motion identical to the dry and wet jelqing technique, releasing your grip as your hands meet. Return your stroking hand to the starting position and repeat. The website recommends performing 200 to 300 strokes daily throughout the first week, slowly increasing the repetitions until you reach 500 daily strokes.
- The stretched jelqing exercise requires two hands throughout the technique and is performed by squeezing your penis with one hand right behind the glans, stretching it slightly, according to the Penis Enlargement Manual.
Natural Male Enlargement Exercises
Exercises for Peyronie's Disease
Jelqing & Kegel Exercises
Physical Therapy Exercises for Lumbar Spondylosis
Exercises to Prevent Breast Inversion
How to Treat Phimosis With Stretching Exercises
How Can You Make the Corpora Cavernosa Bigger?
Reflexology & Acid Reflux
Exercises for Osteitis Pubis Rehabilitation
How to Do Exercises for the Corpora Cavernosa
- Marra G, Drury A, Tran L, Veale D, Muir GH. Systematic review of surgical and nonsurgical interventions in normal men complaining of small penis size. Sex Med Rev. 2019;2019:S2050-0521(19)30012-5. doi:10.1016/j.sxmr.2019.01.004
- Hatipoğlu N, Kurtoğlu S. Micropenis: etiology, diagnosis and treatment approaches. J Clin Res Pediatr Endocrinol. 2013;5(4):217-23. doi:10.4274/Jcrpe.1135
- Karavalos S, Stewart J, Evbuomwan, McEleny K, Aird I. Assessment of the infertile male. TOG. 2013 Jan;15(1):1-9. doi:10.1111/j.1744-4667.2012.00145.x
- Kim SO, Ryu KH, Hwang IS, Jung SI, Oh KJ, Park K. Penile growth in response to human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) treatment in patients with idiopathic hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. Chonnam Med J. 2011;47(1):39-42. doi:10.4068/cmj.2011.47.1.39
- Van der Horst HJ, De Wall LL. Hypospadias, all there is to know. Eur J Pediatr. 2017;176(4):435-41. doi:10.1007/s00431-017-2864-5
- Egydio PH, Kuehhas FE, Sansalone S. Penile length and girth restoration in severe Peyronie's disease using circular and longitudinal grafting. BJU Int. 2013;111(4 Pt B):E213-9. doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2012.11582.x
- Kwon YS, Farber N, Yu JW, et al. Longitudinal recovery patterns of penile length and the underexplored benefit of long-term phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor use after radical prostatectomy. BMC Urol. 2018;18(1):37. doi:10.1186/s12894-018-0341-8
- King IC, Tahir A, Ramanathan C, Siddiqui H. Buried penis: evaluation of outcomes in children and adults, modification of a unified treatment algorithm, and review of the literature. ISRN Urol. 2013;2013:109349. doi:10.1155/2013/109349
- Prause N, Park J, Leung S, Miller G. Women's preferences for penis size: a new research method using selection among 3D models. PLoS ONE. 2015;10(9):e0133079. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0133079
- Veale D, Miles S, Read J, et al. Penile dysmorphic disorder: development of a screening scale. Arch Sex Behav. 2015;44(8):2311-21. doi:10.1007/s10508-015-0484-6
- Oderda M, Gontero P. Non-invasive methods of penile lengthening: fact or fiction?. BJU Int. 2011;107(8):1278-82. doi:10.1111/j.1464-410X.2010.09647.x
- Oates J, Sharp G. Nonsurgical medical penile girth augmentation: Experience-based recommendations. Aesthet Surg J. 2017;37(9):1032-8. doi:10.1093/asj/sjx068
- Bescós R, Sureda A, Tur JA, Pons A. The effect of nitric-oxide-related supplements on human performance. Sports Med. 2012;42(2):99-117. doi:10.2165/11596860-000000000-00000
- Usta MF, Ipekci T. Penile traction therapy for Peyronie's disease - what's the evidence?. Transl Androl Urol. 2016;5(3):303-9. doi:10.21037/tau.2016.03.25
- Ahmed U, Freeman A, Kirkham A, Ralph DJ, Minhas S, Muneer A. Self injection of foreign materials into the penis. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2017;99(2):e78-e82. doi:10.1308/rcsann.2016.0346
- Campbell J, Gillis J. A review of penile elongation surgery. Transl Androl Urol. 2017;6(1):69-78. doi:10.21037/tau.2016.11.19
- Xu L, Zhao M, Chen W, et al. Augmentation phalloplasty with autologous dermal fat graft in the treatment of small penis. Ann Plast Surg. 2016 Feb;77(Suppl 1):S60-5. doi:10.1097/SAP.0000000000000782
- Srinivas BV, Vasan SS, Mohammed S. Penile lengthening procedure with V-Y advancement flap and an interposing silicone sheath: a novel methodology. Indian J Urol. 2012;28(3):340-2. doi:10.4103/0970-1591.102722
- Anandan L, Mohammed A. Surgical management of buried penis in adults. Cent European J Urol. 2018;71(3):346-52. doi:10.5173/ceju.2018.1676
- Egydio PH, Kuehhas FE. Penile lengthening and widening without grafting according to a modified 'sliding' technique. BJU Int. 2015;116(6):965-72. doi:10.1111/bju.13065
- Loreto C, Garaffa G, Dijnovic R, Barbagli G, Villa M, Sansalone S. Penile disassembly: anatomical surgical steps. BJU Int. 2013;112(7):1035-45. doi:10.1111/bju.12413
- Rodriguez KM, Kohn TP, Davis AB, Hakky TS. Penile implants: a look into the future. Transl Androl Urol. 2017;6(Suppl 5):S860-S866. doi:10.21037/tau.2017.05.28
- Chauhan NS, Sharma V, Dixit VK, Thakur M. A review on plants used for improvement of sexual performance and virility. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:868062. doi:10.1155/2014/868062
Keith Strange spent more than a decade as a staff writer for newspapers in the southeastern United States, winning numerous awards for his work. He has a B.S. in wellness/sports medicine from Averett University and completed graduate work in exercise physiology. Strange is a former competitive martial artist and holds a third-degree black belt in tae kwon do.