Side Effects of Super Dieter's Tea
Many turn to supplements or weight loss aids to help them drop the last few pounds. Diet teas have been used for many years as a way to boost metabolism, which in turn increases the amount of calories burned. While using natural tea such as green tea as a weight loss supplement is good in moderation, many diet teas on the market have side effects. Comprised of a blend containing herbs and spices, there are four flavors of Super Dieter's Tea: peppermint, cranberry twist, cinnamon spice and lemon mint. These flavors can make it tasteful and easy to drink throughout the day, however the side effects can make it a dangerous way to lose only a few pounds.
Tea in general helps with digestion, but diet teas can suppress the appetite, remove unhealthy toxins in the body, "cleanse" the stomach and intestines and provide antioxidants. Tea helps with digestion to keep things flowing, as well as bring a feeling of fullness before a meal so the individual eats less. Senna also causes an electrolyte imbalance, leading to arrhythmia and heart failure.
Cassia Tea for Weight Loss
Super Dieter's tea does not have caffeine or sugar. Instead, Stevia, a natural sweetener, is added for flavor along with natural ingredients such as:
- orange peel
- cinnamon bark
- papaya leaf
- spearmint leaf
- Japanese honeysuckle leaf
- Eleutherococcus Senticosus
Avoid diet teas that have unknown ingredients, or claim to help drop a large amount of weight in a short period of time which is caused by sweating or loss of water within the body.
The whole idea of diet tea, no matter what the brand, is to detox the body. The ingredients in diet tea work not only as a digestive aid, but also as a diuretic, which is where some of the initial lost weight comes from. Common side effects include: cramping, nausea, appetite loss, dehydration, abdominal pain, sweating and an increase in bowel movements.include:
- Common side effects include: cramping
- appetite loss
- abdominal pain
- an increase in bowel movements
Due to the effects of many diet teas and their digestive aid, individuals find that long term use is very unlikely.
Ballerina Tea Side Effects
Avoid any products containing Senna. Herbalists and toxicologists have shared the dangers of consuming Senna, and the effects they have on the heart and digestive system. The FDA has reports of at least four deaths, all as a result of using diet teas containing this dangerous ingredient. Laci Le Beau's Super Dieter's Tea website contains no mention of the side effects of Senna, however here is a warning label listed on the box: "Notice: This product contains Senna. Read and follow directions carefully. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools, or abdominal pain because Senna may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Consult your physician if you have frequent diarrhea or if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition."
- Avoid any products containing Senna.
- The FDA has reports of at least four deaths, all as a result of using diet teas containing this dangerous ingredient.
Even though the Super Dieters Tea contains "natural" ingredients, there are still some health risks and side effects. For some, the side effects can be adverse, causing severe stomach cramping or pains. If that is the case, stop using the tea immediately and switch to a natural tea if necessary. Lose weight the natural way by drinking at least 12 cups of water each day and exercise to eliminate toxins and excess waste from the body. Do not use diet teas for more than ten days, unless directed by a doctor.
- Even though the Super Dieters Tea contains "natural" ingredients, there are still some health risks and side effects.
- If that is the case, stop using the tea immediately and switch to a natural tea if necessary.
Cassia Tea for Weight Loss
Ballerina Tea Side Effects
Side Effects of Kankunis Tea
Essiac Tea Side Effects
Ballerina Tea & Weight Loss
Side Effects of Drinking Senna Pod Tea
Lipton Tea and Antioxidants
Lapacho Tea Benefits
Side Effects of Caffeine Free Hydroxycut
Tulsi Tea and Pregnancy
- Guarize L, Costa JC, Dutra LB, Mendes RF, Lima IV, Scio E. Anti-inflammatory, laxative and intestinal motility effects of Senna macranthera leaves. Nat Prod Res. 2012;26(4):331-43. doi:10.1080/14786411003754264
- Liu LW. Chronic constipation: current treatment options. Can J Gastroenterol. 2011;25 Suppl B(Suppl B):22B-28B.
- Ziegenhagen D, Zehnter E, Tacke W, Kruis W. Addition of senna improves colonoscopy preparation with lavage: a prospective randomized trial. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 1991;37(5):547-549. doi:10.1016/s0016-5107(91)70826-2
- Vilanova-sanchez A, Gasior AC, Toocheck N, et al. Are senna based laxatives safe when used as long term treatment for constipation in children?. J Pediatr Surg. 2018;53(4):722-727. doi:10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2018.01.002
- Vanderperren B, Rizzo M, Angenot L, Haufroid V, Jadoul M, Hantson P. Acute liver failure with renal impairment related to the abuse of senna anthraquinone glycosides. Ann Pharmacother. 2005;39(7-8):1353-7. doi:10.1345/aph.1E670
- Acs N, Bánhidy F, Puhó EH, Czeizel AE. Senna treatment in pregnant women and congenital abnormalities in their offspring--a population-based case-control study. Reprod Toxicol. 2009;28(1):100-4. doi: 10.1016/j.reprotox.2009.02.005