Side Effects of Caffeine Free Hydroxycut
The Hydroxycut series of products is one of many fat-loss products on the market. The formula of Hydroxycut products has many variations, including a caffeine-free version. While this version doesn't have the powerful stimulant power of caffeine, it does have many other ingredients that may be effective at increasing your metabolism and burning fat. However, some of these ingredients may cause side effects, so make sure you understand what's in Hydroxycut Caffeine Free before taking it. You may also want to talk to your doctor before taking this or any other diet pills.
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
One unpleasant side effect that may be triggered by Hydroxycut Caffeine Free is nausea. This is because the formula contains extracts of Cissus quadrangularis, which is a vine-producing plant native to Africa and Asia 1. Cissus quadrangularis may cause side effects such as headache and nausea 1. In addition, the site notes that the long term safety of Cissus quadrangularis use is unknown due to the lack of research 1.
Side Effects of Nutrilite Rhodiola
Hypoglycemia is a condition in which your blood sugar levels become too low. This can result in fainting or nausea. Those who are diabetic are more prone to this effect, but anyone using Hydroxycut Caffeine Free should be aware of the potential. This effect is triggered by the inclusion of Gymnema sylvestre, a tropical herbal plant. According to the Gymnema information website Gymnema.net, this supplement may cause hypoglycemia if taken in large doses. If you are prone to hypoglycemic episodes, you should consult your doctor before using Hydroxycut Caffeine Free.
- Hypoglycemia is a condition in which your blood sugar levels become too low.
- Those who are diabetic are more prone to this effect, but anyone using Hydroxycut Caffeine Free should be aware of the potential.
Insomnia, or the inability to sleep, is often associated with caffeine-containing stimulant products. However, the ingredients in Hydroxycut Caffeine Free may also cause insomnia in some users. This effect is caused by the inclusion of rhodiola, which the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center explains may cause insomnia as well as irritability 2. In addition, the medical website RxList notes that Cissus quadrangularis may also cause insomnia 1. The combination of the two ingredients may be troublesome for you, even without the inclusion of caffeine.
- Insomnia, or the inability to sleep, is often associated with caffeine-containing stimulant products.
- The combination of the two ingredients may be troublesome for you, even without the inclusion of caffeine.
Side Effects of Nutrilite Rhodiola
Redline Energy Drink Side Effects
Review of Lifewater by SoBe
Side Effects of Hydroxycut Max
XS Energy Drink Ingredients
Side Effects of Lipo 6 X
Spearmint Tea and Caffeine
Ballerina Tea Side Effects
Information on Hydroxycut Max for Women
Side Effects of Zantrex-3
- Herb Wisdom: Cissus Quadrangularis
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center: Rhodiola
- Stohs SJ, Ray SD. A review and evaluation of the efficacy and safety of Cissus quadrangularis extracts. Phytother Res. 2012 Aug;27(8):1107-14. doi:10.1002/ptr.4846.
- Bloomer RJ, Farney TM, McCarthy CG, Lee SR. Cissus quadrangularis reduces joint pain in exercise-trained men: a pilot study. Phys Sportsmed. 2013 Sep;41(3):29-35. doi:10.3810/psm.2013.09.2021.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Traditional Chinese Medicine: What You Need To Know. Bethesda, Maryland; April 29, 2019.
- Bhujade AM, Talmale S, Kumar N, et al. Evaluation of Cissus quadrangularis extracts as an inhibitor of COX, 5-LOX, and proinflammatory mediators. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012 Jun 14;141(3):989-6. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2012.03.044.
- Kumar R, Gupta Y, Singh S, Arunraja S. Cissus quadrangularis attenuates the adjuvant-induced arthritis by downregulating pro-inflammatory cytokine and inhibiting angiogenesis. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Dec 4;175:346-55. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2015.08.058.
- Muthusami S, Senthilkumar K, Vignesh C, et al. Effects of Cissus quadrangularis on the proliferation, differentiation and matrix mineralization of human osteoblast-like SaOS-2 cells. J Cell Biochem. 2011 Apr;112(4):1035-45. doi:10.1002/jcb.23016.
- Nash R, Azantsa B, Kuate D, et al. The Use of a Stem and Leaf Aqueous Extract of Cissus quadrangularis(CQR-300) to Reduce Body Fat and Other Components of Metabolic Syndrome in Overweight Participants. J Altern Complement Med. 2019 Jan 1;25(1):98-106. doi:10.1089/acm.2018.0016.
- Panpimanmas S, Sithipongsri S, Sukdanon C, Manmee C. Experimental comparative study of the efficacy and side effects of Cissus quadrangularis L. (Vitaceae) to Daflon (Servier) and placebo in the treatment of acute hemorrhoids. J Med Assoc Thai. 2010 Dec;93(12):1360-7.
- Potu BK, Nampurath GK, Rao MS, Bhat KM. Effect of Cissus quadrangularis Linn on the development of osteopenia induced by ovariectomy in rats. Clin Ter. 2011;162(4):307-12.
Brian Willett began writing in 2005. He has been published in the "Buffalo News," the "Daytona Times" and "Natural Muscle Magazine." Willett also writes for Bloginity.com and Bodybuilding.com. He is an American Council on Exercise-certified personal trainer and earned a Bachelor of Arts in journalism from the University of North Carolina.