A number of parasites can infect the human intestinal tract, the most common of which include tapeworms, hookworms, giardia, roundworms, flukes and trichinella 2. These parasites cause disorders such as vomiting, diarrhea, intestinal cramping, dizziness, weight loss and dehydration. Intestinal parasites may be eliminated using colon cleansers 2. According to Dr. Richard Schulze, a advocate for using natural health products, the best types of colon cleansers are herbal and nutritional cleansers. The use of colon cleansers remains controversial 4. Some doctors believe that the colon is quite capable of cleaning itself and colonic cleansing or irrigation is unnecessary. However, if you have intestinal parasites a colon clenaser may help 2. You should talk to your doctor if you are considering using a colon cleanser.
Which Type of Colon Cleansers are the Best
The best type of colon cleansers to kill parasites are ones that first remove any blockages from the colon. Blockages arise from compacted fecal matter which builds up when you do not have bowel movements on a regular basis. This leads to constipation and bloating. Once any blockages are removed from the colon, the cleanser can then easily eliminate the parasites.
- The best type of colon cleansers to kill parasites are ones that first remove any blockages from the colon.
- Once any blockages are removed from the colon, the cleanser can then easily eliminate the parasites.
About the 365 Complete Body Cleanse
The colonix program is used for eliminating parasites from the intestinal tract and detoxing the colon 2. It alleviates constipation and improves bowel function. The program has three stages. The first cleanses the intestine to remove toxins, the second eliminates parasites and the third is a mild laxative to remove build-up fecal matter. According to naturopathist Angela Chang, the three stage program is beneficial because parasites can’t be eliminated until colon blockages are cleared.
- The colonix program is used for eliminating parasites from the intestinal tract and detoxing the colon 2.
According to health experts at the Dreddy Aryuvedic Clinic, one of the best ways to eliminate intestinal parasites is to clean the colon with ozonated water and hydrogen peroxide. The simplest way to use this method is with a treatment such as Oxy-Mega. Oxy-Mega is an oral supplement that is taken with water. The recommended dose is six to eight drops each day mixed with water. This is generally taken over a three week period. This product is highly concentrated and should not be used undiluted or be allowed to come into contact with the skin or eyes.
- According to health experts at the Dreddy Aryuvedic Clinic, one of the best ways to eliminate intestinal parasites is to clean the colon with ozonated water and hydrogen peroxide.
- The simplest way to use this method is with a treatment such as Oxy-Mega.
Digestit is a colon cleansing product for intestinal detox and the elimination of parasites 23. It is an herbal colon cleanser that helps with constipation and bloating by bulking up the stools for easy passage and eliminating parasites. It also contains probiotics; live beneficial bacteria that prevent build-up of pathogens and boost the immune system.
About the 365 Complete Body Cleanse
Standard Process Cleanse Diet for Weight Loss
Natural Ways to Cleanse the Liver, Kidneys & Colon
Do You Have to Use a Laxative & Salt Water Flush on the Lemonade Diet?
Does a Laxative Cleanse the Colon?
Will a Sea Salt Flush Help You Lose Weight & Inches?
Bentonite Clay and Psyllium for Weight Loss
How to Empty Your Bowels Fast
How Does the Acai Berry Cleanse Work?
- Parasite Cleanse: Colon Parasites: A List of Intestinal Tract Invaders
- Our Issues: Ingredients of Digest It Colon Cleanser
- Kiani H, Haghighi A, Rostami A, et al. PREVALENCE, RISK FACTORS AND SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED TO INTESTINAL PARASITE INFECTIONS AMONG PATIENTS WITH GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS IN NAHAVAND, WESTERN IRAN. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 2016;58:42. doi:10.1590/S1678-9946201658042
- Haque R. Human intestinal parasites. J Health Popul Nutr. 2007;25(4):387-91.
- Waller PJ, Bernes G, Thamsborg SM, et al. Plants as de-worming agents of livestock in the Nordic countries: historical perspective, popular beliefs and prospects for the future. Acta Vet Scand. 2001;42(1):31-44. doi:10.1186/1751-0147-42-31
- Neag MA, Mocan A, Echeverría J, et al. Berberine: Botanical Occurrence, Traditional Uses, Extraction Methods, and Relevance in Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Hepatic, and Renal Disorders. Front Pharmacol. 2018;9:557. doi:10.3389/fphar.2018.00557
- Okeniyi JA, Ogunlesi TA, Oyelami OA, Adeyemi LA. Effectiveness of dried Carica papaya seeds against human intestinal parasitosis: a pilot study. J Med Food. 2007;10(1):194-6. doi:10.1089/jmf.2005.065
- Grzybek M, Kukula-koch W, Strachecka A, et al. Evaluation of Anthelmintic Activity and Composition of Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) Seed Extracts-In Vitro and in Vivo Studies. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17(9):1456. doi:10.3390/ijms17091456
- Ekanem AP, Brisibe EA. Effects of ethanol extract of Artemisia annua L. against monogenean parasites of Heterobranchus longifilis. Parasitol Res. 2010;106(5):1135-9. doi:10.1007/s00436-010-1787-0
- Lepczyńska M, Białkowska J, Dzika E, Piskorz-ogórek K, Korycińska J. Blastocystis: how do specific diets and human gut microbiota affect its development and pathogenicity? Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017;36(9):1531-1540. doi:10.1007/s10096-017-2965-0
- Travers MA, Florent I, Kohl L, Grellier P. Probiotics for the control of parasites: an overview. J Parasitol Res. 2011;2011:610769. doi:10.1155/2011/610769
- Ekanem AP, Brisibe EA. Effects of ethanol extract of Artemisia annua L. against monogenean parasites of Heterobranchus longifilis. Parasitol Res. 2010 Apr;106(5):1135-9.
- Grzybek M, Kukula-Koch W, Strachecka A, et al. Evaluation of Anthelmintic Activity and Composition of Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) Seed Extracts—In Vitro and in Vivo Studies. Battino M, ed. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2016;17(9):1456.
- Imanshahidi M, Hosseinzadeh H. Pharmacological and therapeutic effects of Berberis vulgaris and its active constituent, berberine. Phytother Res. 2008 Aug;22(8):999-1012.
- Mahmoudvand H, Saedi Dezaki E, Sharififar F, Ezatpour B, Jahanbakhsh S, Fasihi Harandi M. Protoscolecidal Effect of Berberis vulgaris Root Extract and Its Main Compound, Berberine in Cystic Echinococcosis. Iran J Parasitol. 2014 Oct-Dec;9(4):503-10.
- Okeniyi JA, Ogunlesi TA, Oyelami OA, Adeyemi LA. Effectiveness of dried Carica papaya seeds against human intestinal parasitosis: a pilot study. J Med Food. 2007 Mar;10(1):194-6.
- Rouhani S, Salehi N, Kamalinejad M, Zayeri F. Efficacy of Berberis vulgaris aqueous extract on viability of Echinococcus granulosus protoscolices. J Invest Surg. 2013 Dec;26(6):347-51.
Corinna Underwood began writing in 2000. She has been published in many outlets, including Fox News, “Ultimate Athlete,” “Hardcore Muscle,” “Alternative Medicine” and “Alive.” Underwood also wrote "Haunted History of Atlanta and North Georgia" and "Murder and Mystery in Atlanta." She has a Bachelor of Arts in English literature and philosophy and a Master of Arts in women’s studies from Staffordshire University.