What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
How to Empty Your Bowels Fast
The bowels (or intestines) carry out an important function for the body. The bowels filter out waste and other harmful materials. The colon then eliminates the accumulated fecal matter from the body through bowel movements. But a stagnant colon filled with feces does not function or move properly, causing constipation. The Mayo Clinic in its article "Constipation" defines the condition as fewer than three bowel movements a week 2. In many cases, a healthier lifestyle and diet prevents constipation or a sluggish colon. But to empty the bowels quickly employ other methods..
Use over-the-counter fiber supplements. According to the Mayo Clinic, fiber supplements are the safest form of laxatives 1. Drink these pills or capsules with plenty of water for the fastest effect.
How to Use Miralax As a Detox
Use rectal laxatives 1. There are many types on the market. Insert suppositories with a waterproof coating into the rectum. Suppositories are small gel capsules that melt, coating the lower region of the colon. Lubricants, such as mineral oil, are in the suppositories. Other laxatives add water to the stools so they pass more easily. These are called stool softeners. Follow the directions on the label carefully to get fast relief from constipation.
Buy over-the-counter enema kits. Enemas have a long history of emptying out the colon. Drugstores sell kits that contain liquid solutions is a bottle with a small tube at the end. A person inserts the tube into the rectum then squeezes the bottle to release the water into the rectum. The water loosens fecal matter and brings about a bowel movememt in a few hours time in most cases.
See a doctor for constipation that does not respond to laxatives.
Avoid eating foods high in sugar and fat. Also eating low-fiber foods in large amounts causes constipation or makes it worse in some people reports the Mayo Clinic.
Laxatives are for short-term use only suggests the Mayo Clinic and can become habit forming.
Emptying the bowels fast is a relative term. Each person will respond to the fiber supplements. rectal laxative or enema in a different time frame depending on a variety of factors such as overall health, diet and physical activity level.
How to Use Miralax As a Detox
Does a Laxative Cleanse the Colon?
Slim-Fast & Constipation
How Do Glycerin Suppositories Work?
How to Naturally Cleanse an Impacted Colon
Natural Ways to Cleanse the Liver, Kidneys & Colon
Stool Softener Side Effects
How to Use Fleet Enemas Prior to a Prostate Biopsy
How to Use Stool Softeners
What Are the Dangers of Taking Too Many Laxatives?
- Mayo Clinic: Laxatives (Rectal Route)
- Mayo Clinic: Constipation - Treatnebt abd Drugs
- Jin J. Over-the-counter Laxatives. JAMA. 2014;312(11):1167. doi:10.1001/jama.2014.2078
- Portalatin M, Winstead N. Medical management of constipation. Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2012;25(1):12–19. doi:10.1055/s-0032-1301754
- Use Certain Laxatives With Caution. U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). January 1, 2014.
- Acosta A, Tangalos EG, Harari D. Constipation. In: Halter JB, Ouslander JG, Studenski S, High KP, Asthana S, Supiano MA, Ritchie C. eds. Hazzard's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, 7e New York, NY: McGraw-Hil.
- McQuaid KR. Drugs Used in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Diseases. In: Katzung BG, Trevor AJ. eds. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 13e. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill; 2015.
- See a doctor for constipation that does not respond to laxatives.
- Avoid eating foods high in sugar and fat. Also eating low-fiber foods in large amounts causes constipation or makes it worse in some people reports the Mayo Clinic.
- Laxatives are for short-term use only suggests the Mayo Clinic and can become habit forming.
- Emptying the bowels fast is a relative term. Each person will respond to the fiber supplements. rectal laxative or enema in a different time frame depending on a variety of factors such as overall health, diet and physical activity level.