What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
Fat burners have a deserved reputation for being on the dangerous side. Stacker 3 with Chitosan, produced by NVE, is an ephedra-free fat burner sold at nutrition stores and on online supplement websites. Stacker 3 can have serious side effects if it is not used properly.
Stacker 3 with Chitosan
Stacker 3 with Chitosan is a pill-based supplement that claims it can help you lose weight. The product contains green tea leaves and guarana. Stacker 3 with Chitosan has 250 mg of caffeine per serving. Chitosan, a fat blocker, is also included in the formula. Stacker 3 with Chitosan may be able to help you lose weight if used as directed, but it can also lead to a slew of undesirable side effects.
- Stacker 3 with Chitosan is a pill-based supplement that claims it can help you lose weight.
- Stacker 3 with Chitosan may be able to help you lose weight if used as directed, but it can also lead to a slew of undesirable side effects.
Xenadrine With Ephedra Ingredients
Though the Food and Drug Administration banned ephedra-based products in 2003, fat burners still pose a threat to users. Fat burners are not regulated by the FDA, so they may include substances that you may not realize have an adverse effect on your health. Fat burners such as Stacker 3 with Chitosan can cause high blood pressure, anxiety and even heart attacks or strokes. A significant reason for these side effects is related to the caffeine content of Stacker 3 with Chitosan.
- Though the Food and Drug Administration banned ephedra-based products in 2003, fat burners still pose a threat to users.
- Fat burners such as Stacker 3 with Chitosan can cause high blood pressure, anxiety and even heart attacks or strokes.
The Mayo Clinic states that the average daily consumption of caffeine in adults is between 200 and 300 mg. One serving of Stacker 3 with Chitosan has 250 mg of caffeine, and this dosage is taken three times daily 2. The side effects of consuming this high level of caffeine can include restlessness, inability to sleep and a faster heartbeat. In addition to these side effects, your body will become used to the caffeine, meaning that you may become dependent on the caffeine content of Stacker 3 with Chitosan, even as the fat-burning capabilities of the supplement subside due to constant use.
Chitosan Side Effects
The most recent edition of Stacker 3 contains chitosan, which has gained popularity on its own as a supplement that traps fat and prevents it from entering your bloodstream. While chitosan doesn't have the side effects that fat burners have, chitosan can cause gastrointestinal discomfort. Furthermore, case studies cited by the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center suggest that chitosan doesn't provide the fat-binding benefits it claims to provide 3.
Xenadrine With Ephedra Ingredients
Nutritional Facts About Redline Energy Drink
Advantages & Disadvantages of Hydroxycut
Why Do Phentermine Diet Pills Give Me Mood Swings?
Does Drinking Coffee Before Bed Increase Metabolism?
Caffeine in Slim-Fast
Redline Energy Drink Side Effects
Instructions for Taking Stacker 3 Diet Pills
Side Effects of Hydroxycut Max
- Bodybuilding For You; Diet Pill Health Risks; Margie James
- Mayo Clinic; Caffeine: How Much is Too Much?; Mayo Clinic Staff; March 2011
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center; Chitosan; April 2011
- Jull AB, Ni Mhurchu C, Bennett DA, Dunshea-Mooij CA, Rodgers A. Chitosan for overweight or obesity. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008;(3):CD003892. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD003892.pub3
- Pittler MH, Ernst E. Dietary supplements for body-weight reduction: a systematic review. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004;79(4):529-536. doi:10.1093/ajcn/79.4.529
- Mhurchu CN, Dunshea-Mooij C, Bennett D, Rodgers A. Effect of chitosan on weight loss in overweight and obese individuals: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Obes Rev. 2005;6(1):35-42. doi:10.1111/j.1467-789X.2005.00158.x
- Moraru C, Mincea MM, Frandes M, Timar B, Ostafe V. A Meta-Analysis on Randomised Controlled Clinical Trials Evaluating the Effect of the Dietary Supplement Chitosan on Weight Loss, Lipid Parameters and Blood Pressure. Medicina (Kaunas). 2018;54(6). doi:10.3390/medicina54060109
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Chitosan. Updated November 26, 2019.
Bryan Berg is a freelance writer based in Long Island, NY. He has been writing since 2002 about personal finance, sports and parenting. He is a contributing writer to eHow Money and LIVESTRONG.COM. He has a Bachelor of Arts in marketing from Hofstra University.