Aloe and Cranberry Juice Cleanse
In “The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth,” Dr. Jonny Bowden recognizes aloe vera juice for its health-enhancing and medicinal properties 1.
Aloe vera juice is widely used internally to cleanse the bloodstream and digestive tract. Aloe vera juice contains minerals, vitamins and amino acids that support your body during cleansing.
In “The Fat Flush Plan,” author Ann Louise Gittleman recommends unsweetened cranberry juice during cleansing 3.
Cranberry juice contains phytonutrients that support the detoxification of your digestive, lymphatic and circulatory systems. According to Gittleman, drinking cranberry juice and water throughout the day is beneficial to your diet 4. Supplement these juices with a well-balanced diet.
Significance of Fluids
In “The Fat Flush Plan,” cranberry juice provides nutritional support for the detoxification pathways in your body 4. The kidneys, liver, gallbladder and bloodstream all play a role in cleansing the body. Cranberry juice acts as a powerful diuretic by increasing the frequency of urination. Arbutin is the active ingredient that directs the kidneys to flush out water that your body has retained.
According to Ann Louise Gittleman, drinking cranberry juice and water ensures that your kidneys and lymphatic system have the right amount of fluids needed to properly remove wastes 3. Gittleman says to purchase unsweetened cranberry juice and avoid brands that contain corn syrup or aspartame. To prepare your cranberry water, fill two 32-ounce water bottles with four ounces of unsweetened cranberry juice and 28 ounces of water. Drink your two bottles of cranberry water throughout the day to cleanse accumulated wastes and eliminate water retention.
- In “The Fat Flush Plan,” cranberry juice provides nutritional support for the detoxification pathways in your body 4.
- Drink your two bottles of cranberry water throughout the day to cleanse accumulated wastes and eliminate water retention.
Function of Phytonutrients
How to Flush Fat From the Liver
Cranberry juice is a rich source of phytonutrients 4. These include anthocyanins, catechins, lutein and quercetin. These phytonutrients help to neutralize free radicals in the body. Free radicals are thought to be linked to chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes. According to Dr. Jonny Bowden, phytonutrients also have anti-inflammatory properties. These properties can help prevent inflammation-related diseases such as arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease. “Detox-for-life.com” provides another variation of a cranberry juice detox drink 4. It is made by mixing one cup of water, two tbsp. of unsweetened pure cranberry juice and one tsp. of green powder such as spirulina, chlorella or wheat grass.
Adding green powder increases the amount of phytochemicals in your cleanse. Drink this at the beginning of the day on an empty stomach.
- Cranberry juice is a rich source of phytonutrients 4.
- Adding green powder increases the amount of phytochemicals in your cleanse.
Aloe vera and cranberry juice both provide anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. When consumed daily, the juices help protect against bacteria, viruses, infections and fungi. Aloe vera juice contains a significant amount of vitamin C. The University of California at Berkeley website states that vitamin C produces infection-fighting blood cells that boost the immune system 2.
Cranberry juice contains compounds that help to prevent urinary tract infections. According to Dr. Jonny Bowden, these compounds prevent bacteria in the urine from binding to cells of the urinary tract wall.
- Aloe vera and cranberry juice both provide anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- According to Dr. Jonny Bowden, these compounds prevent bacteria in the urine from binding to cells of the urinary tract wall.
Function of Amino Acids
About the 365 Complete Body Cleanse
Aloe vera juice contains nineteen amino acids, which play a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fat and protein. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Protein is necessary in the composition of muscles, tissues, hair, nails and skin.
The presence of amino acids is also responsible for the cleansing properties of aloe vera juice.
These amino acids break down and eliminate toxic elements, such as carcinogens, heavy metals and acids in your system. According to "Aloe-vera-studies.org," drinking two to four ounces of aloe vera juice each day is recommended to gain the benefits.
- Aloe vera juice contains nineteen amino acids, which play a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fat and protein.
- The presence of amino acids is also responsible for the cleansing properties of aloe vera juice.
Aloe vera juice acts as a natural laxative in your cleansing diet.
As a laxative, it increases the frequency of bowel movements and the elimination of wastes and toxins.
The juice helps improve the functioning and health of your colon.
An inefficient colon causes toxins to be re-absorbed by your body.
As a result this can cause fatigue, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome. In "Fat Flush Plan," author Ann Gittleman suggests adding psyllium husk or flaxseed to increase the fiber in your diet 3.
- Aloe vera juice acts as a natural laxative in your cleansing diet.
- As a laxative, it increases the frequency of bowel movements and the elimination of wastes and toxins.
How to Flush Fat From the Liver
About the 365 Complete Body Cleanse
Radish Liver Cleanse Diet
PLJ Lemon Juice Diet
The Effect of Fat on Kidneys
The Best Ways to Flush the Urinary System
How to Care for the Circulatory System
Does Celery Help Cleanse the Body?
How to Cleanse Your Gallbladder
Vitamins in Juice Plus
- "The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth"; Jonny Bowden, Ph.D.,C.N.S.; 2007
- "The Wellness Encyclopediea of Food and Nutrition"; The University of California at Berkeley; 1992
- "The Fat Flush Plan"; Ann Louise Gittleman ; 2001
- "Detox-for-life.com": Cranberry Juice Detox Diet
- Surjushe A, Vasani R, Saple DG. Aloe vera: a short review. Indian J Dermatol. 2008;53(4):163-166. doi:10.4103/0019-5154.44785
- Sánchez M, González-Burgos E, Iglesias I, Gómez-Serranillos MP. Pharmacological Update Properties of Aloe Vera and its Major Active Constituents. Molecules. 2020;25(6):1324. doi:10.3390/molecules25061324
- Rahmani AH, Aldebasi YH, Srikar S, Khan AA, Aly SM. Aloe vera: Potential candidate in health management via modulation of biological activities. Pharmacogn Rev. 2015;9(18):120-126. doi:10.4103/0973-7847.162118
- Khedmat H, Karbasi A, Amini M, Aghaei A, Taheri S. Aloe vera in treatment of refractory irritable bowel syndrome: Trial on Iranian patients. J Res Med Sci. 2013;18(8):732.
- Khanna R, Macdonald JK, Levesque BG. Peppermint Oil for the Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2014;48(6):505-512. doi:10.1097/MCG.0b013e3182a88357
- Peterson CT, Sharma V, Uchitel S, et al. Prebiotic Potential of Herbal Medicines Used in Digestive Health and Disease. J Altern Complement Med. 2018;24(7):656-665. doi:10.1089/acm.2017.0422
- Khan I, Samson SE, Grover AK. Antioxidant Supplements and Gastrointestinal Diseases: A Critical Appraisal. Med Princ Pract. 2017;26(3):201-217. doi:10.1159/000468988
Yasser Bailey resides in Austin and began writing articles in 2003. Her articles have been published in the University of Texas campus newspaper and "Self" magazine. She received her Bachelor of Arts in business and government from the University of Texas at Austin. Bailey also just completed her Master of Arts in educational leadership from the University of Texas at Arlington.