Fibroids are growths in the uterus. There are three basic types, grouped by their locations. Intramural fibroids are the most common, and grow in the uterine wall; subserosal fibroids attach to the outside of the uterus, and can sometimes be seen as a lumpy appearance on the skin. Submucosal fibroids develop on the inner lining of the uterus, and are the rarest type. Fibroids cause symptoms including heavy bleeding, abdominal pain and even infertility, but are rarely malignant 1. Signs of fibroid shrinkage are primarily cessation of the associated symptoms.
Abdominal Pain Diminishes
According to Women’s Health Information, fibroids can develop and shrink of their own accord—most come and go without being noticed 12. Larger fibroids cause abdominal pain and discomfort, and can feel like constant period pain. If a fibroid is the cause of abdominal pain and cramps, a cessation or diminishing of this pain is a sign that the fibroid is shrinking. Ultrasonic testing can confirm this shrinkage.
- According to Women’s Health Information, fibroids can develop and shrink of their own accord—most come and go without being noticed 1.
- If a fibroid is the cause of abdominal pain and cramps, a cessation or diminishing of this pain is a sign that the fibroid is shrinking.
Painless Sexual Intercourse
Bloating & Fibroids
If painful intercourse is a marked symptom of a fibroids, as is the case with many sufferers, then achieving intercourse without pain is a sign that the fibroid has shrunk. According to Shrink Fibroids Naturally, painful intercourse is mostly associated with intramural fibroids, but depends on the location of the fibroid being close enough or large enough to be pressed through the vaginal wall during intercourse 1.
A very common symptom of fibroids is irregular and overly heavy menstrual bleeding. For women whose periods have been affected by fibroids, attaining a regular period cycle is a sign that the fibroids have shrunk. Vaginal bleeding between periods is also caused by fibroids in the uterus. Cessation of vaginal bleeds between cycles and the establishment of a single monthly bleeding cycle is a sign of fibroid shrinkage.
- A very common symptom of fibroids is irregular and overly heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Cessation of vaginal bleeds between cycles and the establishment of a single monthly bleeding cycle is a sign of fibroid shrinkage.
Fibroids & Magnesium
According to Shrink Fibroids Naturally, urination is also affected by fibroids. Fibroids cause more frequent urination, and often cause the urge to urinate without actually passing water. This occurs when the fibroids put pressure on the urinary tract and send confused signals to the brain. When fibroids that have caused urinary problems shrink, the urinary cycle returns to normal.
- According to Shrink Fibroids Naturally, urination is also affected by fibroids.
- Fibroids cause more frequent urination, and often cause the urge to urinate without actually passing water.
Fibroids can be a cause of infertility. If they are pressing on the fallopian tube, they may be stopping ovule release and can block the passage of sperm to the egg. If infertility has been the main symptom of fibroids, then becoming pregnant is a sure sign that the fibroids have shrunk. For women who get pregnant after having fibroids, extra care during pregnancy is needed to ensure they don’t return.
- Fibroids can be a cause of infertility.
- If infertility has been the main symptom of fibroids, then becoming pregnant is a sure sign that the fibroids have shrunk.
Bloating & Fibroids
Fibroids & Magnesium
Side Effects of Fibroids
Flaxseed for Fibroids
Can Omega 3 Shrink Fibroids?
Signs of Fibroid Degeneration
Herbs to Get Rid of Fibroids
Is Vitex Good to Take When You Have Fibroids?
Abdominal Pain With Spotting
Side Effects of Mirena & Copper Coils
- Shrink Fibroids: Types and Symptoms of Fibroids
- Women’s Health Information: Help for Women with Fibroids
- Merck Manual Consumer Version. Fibroids. Updated June 2019.
- Dalton-Brewer N. The Role of Complementary and Alternative Medicine for the Management of Fibroids and Associated Symptomatology. Curr Obstet Gynecol Rep. 2016;5:110-118. doi:10.1007/s13669-016-0156-0.
- Yang Y, He Y, Zeng Q, Li S. Association of body size and body fat distribution with uterine fibroids among Chinese women. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2014;23(7):619-26. doi:10.1089/jwh.2013.4690.
- Roshdy E, Rajaratnam V, Maitra S, Sabry M, Allah AS, Al-hendy A. Treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids with green tea extract: a pilot randomized controlled clinical study. Int J Womens Health. 2013;5:477-86. doi:10.2147/IJWH.S41021.
- Liu T, Yu J, Kuang W, et al. Acupuncture for uterine fibroids: Protocol for a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Medicine (Baltimore). 2019;98(8):e14631. doi:10.1097/MD.0000000000014631.
Lenna Allen began her writing career for her college newspaper in 1999. Allen is a marketing specialist and freelance writer for several online publishers including eHow.com. Allen holds a Bachelor of Arts in communication and digital technology from Washington State University.