How to Remove Skin Tags With a Wart Remover
Skin tags are benign growths that may look like a flesh colored raised mole. They are closely related to warts, but are not viral. Skin tags are harmless, yet can be embarrassing or unsightly. They may respond to treatment with wart removers. The main ingredient in wart remover is salicylic acid 1. It breaks down skin tissues similar to how a dermatologist would freeze a mole off. There is little scientific evidence to prove the efficacy of salicylic acid in removing skin tags, but anecdotal evidence lists salicylic acid as a popular method for skin tag removal 1.
Clean the skin tag with soap and water and dry thoroughly.
Green Tea for Genital Warts
Apply wart remover to the skin tag. Wart remover comes in liquid form or on small bandages to be placed over the spot. Follow the directions on the back of the package. Most liquid wart remover require you to apply a thin layer of salicylic acid over the spot 1 to 2 times per day 1. Bandage removers must be changed daily.
Discontinue using the salicylic acid once the skin tag is removed 1.
Try using a natural wart removal remedy that is also recommended by Fatfreekitchen.com to use for skin tags. Soak the skin tag for 15 to 20 minutes in warm water. Dry the skin tag and apply apple cider vinegar directly to the tag. Let the vinegar soak into the skin for 10 minutes and rinse off. Within a few days, the skin tag should form a scab and fall off.
Consult your doctor to see if it is appropriate to use topical wart remover to remove your skin tag.
Green Tea for Genital Warts
How to Treat Ringworm That Won't Go Away
Tips on Getting Rid of Lip Warts
Duct Tape Cure for Plantar Warts
How to Remove Moles With Glycolic Acid
Can You Use Lemon Juice to Remove Warts?
How to Treat Precancerous Sun Damage to Skin
Wart Remover Side Effects
Home Remedies for Getting Rid of Flat Warts
How to Remove Warts Around the Eye
- Drugs: Salicylic Acid Topical
- Fat Free Kitchen: Warts Remedy
- Pre Diabetes: Definition of Skin Tags
- Arif T. "Salicylic acid as a peeling agent: a comprehensive review." Clinical Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. 2015 Aug; 8:455-61.
- Arif T. "Salicylic Acid as a Peeling Agent: A Comprehensive Review." Clinical Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. 2015 Aug 26;8:455-61.
- Castillo DE, Keri JE. "Chemical Peels in the Treatment of Acne: Patient Selection and Perspectives." Clinical Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology. 2018; 11: 365–372.
- Zaenglein AL, Pathy AL, Schlosser BJ, et al. "Guidelines of Care for the Management of Acne Vulgaris."Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2016 May;74(5):945-73.
Nicole Carlin is a registered yoga teacher. Her writing has been published in yoga and dance teacher training manuals for POP Fizz Academy. Carlin received a Masters of Arts in gender studies from Birkbeck University in London and a Bachelors of Arts in psychology from Temple University, Philadelphia.