The body gets most of its glucose by metabolizing the carbohydrates in food. But going too long without food can cause dangerously low blood sugar in people with medical conditions such as diabetes 3.
How Do Vegetables Give You Energy?
Is Olive Oil a Low Glycemic Index Food?
Can Eating 1,200 Calories Make You Gain Weight?
Can Soy Milk Cause Lactose Intolerance Symptoms?
Can Diabetics Eat Rye Bread & Pumpernickel Bread?
Caffeine in Coke Zero
Blood Sugar & Honeydew
Side Effects of Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice
Udon Noodles Nutrition
Iceberg Lettuce Nutrition Information
- Mayo Clinic: "Hypoglycemia"
- Kaiser Permanente: " How the Body Controls Blood Sugar"
- Diabetes.co.uk: "Blood Sugar Level Ranges"
- American Diabetes Association: "Diagnosis"
- World Journal of Diabetes: "Mechanisms of Hypoglycemia Unawareness and Implications in Diabetic Patients"
- National Institutes of Health: "What is Diabetes?"
- Hormone.org: "Non Diabetic Hypoglycemia"
- University of California, San Francisco: "The Liver & Blood Sugar"
- Hunterann/iStock/Getty Images