For more than 50 years, Shaklee Corporation has manufactured nutrition and wellness products that boast guaranteed efficacy, safety and environmental responsibility 2. One of the company's popular products is its soy protein shake line, which is currently offered in four formulations for a variety of purposes. Many people drink these protein shakes for increased energy, fitness or as convenient meal replacements. Soy may affect some people negatively. In these cases, Shaklee offers a whey protein shake mix as an alternative.
Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein
Shaklee's Energizing Soy Protein shake mix is a complete protein source containing 14 g of all nine essential amino acids. These amino acids are important because your body is unable to make them and must get them from food in order to build and repair itself. If your body does not get the essential amino acids it will begin to take protein from itself, which leads to a breakdown in muscle and other tissues. For energy, Shaklee has added five essential B vitamins, calcium and soy isoflavones to this protein mix. It is non-genetically modified, gluten-, lactose- and cholesterol-free and contains no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or preservatives. The Energizing Soy Protein is offered in Creamy Cocoa and Natural Vanilla flavors.
- Shaklee's Energizing Soy Protein shake mix is a complete protein source containing 14 g of all nine essential amino acids.
- For energy, Shaklee has added five essential B vitamins, calcium and soy isoflavones to this protein mix.
Shaklee Instant Protein Soy Mix
Shaklee's Instant Protein Soy Mix provides 16 g of a cholesterol-free, low-fat complete soy protein. It is non-genetically modified, gluten-free, kosher and contains no artificial ingredients. The Instant Protein Soy Mix comes in a Natural flavor and can be added to any food or beverage while maintaining its nutritional content. Like all Shaklee soy protein products, Instant Protein uses only soy that has been produced under the Identity Preservation Program, which certifies that the soybeans used have been tightly controlled during all stages from planting through processing.
- Shaklee's Instant Protein Soy Mix provides 16 g of a cholesterol-free, low-fat complete soy protein.
- The Instant Protein Soy Mix comes in a Natural flavor and can be added to any food or beverage while maintaining its nutritional content.
Shaklee Cinch Soy Protein
Shaklee Cinch Soy Protein shake mix is a complete meal replacement that can be used for weight management. It contains 24 g of protein and adds leucine, an essential amino acid that prevents you from losing muscle during weight loss. It is also low-glycemic and contains up to 6 g of fiber to keep you feeling full. As with all Shaklee products, these shakes contain no artificial ingredients. Cinch Soy Protein mix comes in Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry and Cafe Latte flavors and can be purchased in a canister or in single-serving packets.
- Shaklee Cinch Soy Protein shake mix is a complete meal replacement that can be used for weight management.
- It is also low-glycemic and contains up to 6 g of fiber to keep you feeling full.
Shaklee Physique Workout Maximizer
Are Soybeans Protein or Carbohydrate?
Shaklee Physique is a protein and carbohydrate blend that is designed to deliver energy to your muscles. It contains 14 g of protein and 18 different vitamins and minerals, including 100 percent of the daily recommended servings of vitamin C, niacin, vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin, folate, vitamin B-12, biotin and pantothenic acid. Physique can be mixed into water, milk or orange juice and comes in a Natural Banana flavor.
Are Soybeans Protein or Carbohydrate?
Sapporo Beer Calories
Amp Energy Drink Nutritional Facts
The Benefits of Triphala Guggulu
How Many Calories Are in Malt Liquor?
Halva Nutrition Information
What Are Some Oat Bran Products?
How Do I Take ZMA Anabolic Testosterone Booster?
- University of Arizona: The Biology Project: Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Amino Acids
- Jamie McManus, MD, FAAFP: Chair, Medical Affairs, Health Sciences, and Education: Shaklee Corporation: Pleasanton, California
- McColl P. 9 things to know about how the body uses protein to repair muscle tissue. ACE Fitness. Updated March 5, 2018.
- Jäger R, Kerksick CM, Campbell BI, et al. International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: Protein and exercise. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2017;14:20. doi:10.1186/s12970-017-0177-8
- Snijders T, Trommelen J, Kouw IWK, Holwerda AM, Verdijk LB, Van Loon LJC. The impact of pre-sleep protein ingestion on the skeletal muscle adaptive response to exercise in humans: An update. Front Nutr. 2019;6:17. doi:10.3389/fnut.2019.00017
- Holwerda AM, Kouw IW, Trommelen J, et al. Physical activity performed in the evening increases the overnight muscle protein synthetic response to presleep protein ingestion in older men. J Nutr. 2016;146(7):1307-14. doi:10.3945/jn.116.230086
- Kouw IW, Holwerda AM, Trommelen J, et al. Protein ingestion before sleep increases overnight muscle protein synthesis rates in healthy older men: A randomized controlled trial. J Nutr. 2017;147(12):2252-2261. doi:10.3945/jn.117.254532
- Trommelen J, Van Loon LJ. Pre-sleep protein ingestion to improve the skeletal muscle adaptive response to exercise training. Nutrients. 2016;8(12). doi:10.3390/nu8120763
- Res PT, Groen B, Pennings B, et al. Protein ingestion before sleep improves postexercise overnight recovery. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2012;44(8):1560-9. doi:10.1249/MSS.0b013e31824cc363
- Snijders T, Res PT, Smeets JS, et al. Protein ingestion before sleep increases muscle mass and strength gains during prolonged resistance-type exercise training in healthy young men. J Nutr. 2015;145(6):1178-84. doi:10.3945/jn.114.208371
- Sahni S, Mangano KM, Hannan MT, Kiel DP, Mclean RR. Higher protein intake is associated with higher lean mass and quadriceps muscle strength in adult men and women. J Nutr. 2015;145(7):1569-75. doi:10.3945/jn.114.204925
- Robinson MM, Dasari S, Konopka AR, et al. Enhanced Ttranslation underlies improved metabolic and physical adaptations to different exercise training modes in young and old humans. Cell Metab. 2017;25(3):581-592. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2017.02.009
- Pesta DH, Samuel VT. A high-protein diet for reducing body fat: Mechanisms and possible caveats. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2014;11(1):53. doi:10.1186/1743-7075-11-53
- How many calories are in one gram of fat, carbohydrate, or protein? U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Pritchett K, Meyer EL Eds. Nutrition, Health and Athletic Performance. MDPI. 2017.
- Deeth HC, Bansal N, Eds. Whey Proteins: From Milk to Medicine. Academic Press. 2019.
- Witard OC, Wardle SL, Macnaughton LS, Hodgson AB, Tipton KD. Protein considerations for optimising skeletal muscle mass in healthy young and older adults. Nutrients. 2016;8(4):181. doi:10.3390/nu8040181
- Miranda JM, Anton X, Redondo-valbuena C, et al. Egg and egg-derived foods: Effects on human health and use as functional foods. Nutrients. 2015;7(1):706-29. doi:10.3390/nu7010706
- Marangoni F, Corsello G, Cricelli C, et al. Role of poultry meat in a balanced diet aimed at maintaining health and wellbeing: An Italian consensus document. Food Nutr Res. 2015;59:27606. doi:10.3402/fnr.v59.27606
- Kerksick CM, Wilborn CD, Roberts MD, et al. ISSN exercise & sports nutrition review update: Research & recommendations. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018;15(1):38. doi:10.1186/s12970-018-0242-y
Lacretia Hardy is a health coach and has been a published writer since 1992. Her work has appeared in several publications, including "Patient In Charge," and on various websites. Hardy holds a Bachelor of Science in health science, as well as certificates in food and nutrition education and holistic health counseling.