What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
Jordan almonds, also called sugared almonds, take four days to process due to the hand intensive manufacturing methods. Available in a wide range of colors, Jordan almonds may be appropriate as an occasional treat.
Calories and Nutrients
There are 180 calories in 15 Jordan almonds. At 12 calories an almond, eating 50 almonds equates to consuming 600 calories. Additionally, 50 almonds have 93.3 g of sugar, 20 g of fat, 16 mg of sodium and about 6 g of protein.
Lysine Overdose Symptoms
Although high in fat, Jordan almonds contain no saturated or trans fat 1. Saturated and trans fats are known to raise cholesterol levels.
If you follow an average 2,000 calorie-per-day diet, the 600 calories from 50 Jordan almonds make up a substantial part of your daily calorie allotment. Eat fewer almonds to reduce the caloric impact, or consider eating plain almonds instead. A standard serving of regular, unsugared almonds is 24 almonds, which has 164 calories.
- If you follow an average 2,000 calorie-per-day diet, the 600 calories from 50 Jordan almonds make up a substantial part of your daily calorie allotment.
- A standard serving of regular, unsugared almonds is 24 almonds, which has 164 calories.
Lysine Overdose Symptoms
Calories in Wasabi Peanuts
Nutritional Value of Raw Almonds
Calories in Prosciutto Ham
Calories in a Slice of Whole-Grain Bread
How Many Calories are in 1 Cup of Sunflower Seeds?
The Nutrition of Smoked Almonds
Peanut Butter Sandwich Calories
How Much EPA & DHA Are in Chia Seeds?
The Calories in a One-Egg Omelet
- JordanAlmonds.com: Tradition and History of Jordan Almonds
- MayoClinic.com: Dietary Fats: Know Which Types to Choose
- Atkinson, FS, Foster-Powell, K, Brand-Miller, JC.International tables of glycemic index and glycemic load values: 2008.Diabetes Care. 2008;31(12):2281-2283. doi:10.2337/dc08-1239
- National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): Recommended dietary allowances and adequate intakes, elements.
- Aune D, Keum N, Giovannucci E, et al. Nut consumption and risk of cardiovascular disease, total cancer, all-cause an cause-specific mortality: A systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of prospective studies. BMC Med. 2016;14(1):207. doi:10.1186/s12916-016-0730-3
- Alasalvar C, Bolling BW. Review of nut phytochemicals, fat-soluble bioactives, antioxidant components and health effects. Br J Nutr. 2015;113 Suppl 2:S68-78. doi:10.1017/S0007114514003729
- Veronese N, Watutantrige-Fernando S, Luchini C, et al. Effect of magnesium supplementation on glucose metabolism in people with or at risk of diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis of double-blind randomized controlled trials. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2016;70(12):1354-1359. doi:10.1038/ejcn.2016.154
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. Oral Allergy Syndrome. Updated March 2019.
Diane Lynn began writing in 1998 as a guest columnist for the "Tallahassee Democrat." After losing 158 pounds, she wrote her own weight-loss curriculum and now teaches classes on diet and fitness. Lynn also writes for The Oz Blog and her own blog, Fit to the Finish. She has a Bachelor of Science in finance from Florida State University.