Whether you want to lose weight or detox your body, a vegan liquid diet can reset your system and shed unwanted pounds. A liquid diet is when all your meals are presented in liquid form. Some liquid plans allow dieters to consume milk and meat-based products during their liquid fast, while others, such as the vegan diet, are solely plant-based. Food is juiced and no sugar, additives or preservatives are included in the drinks. Some dieters adhere to the vegan liquid diet for only one day and others can remain on the diet for a week or more.
Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet
The Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet is one approach to the vegan liquid diet. People primarily turn to this vegan liquid diet to detox their system and lose weight. The diet consists of three phases where dieters ease into the cleanse, conduct the liquid cleanse, then ease out.
The first phase, called “ease in,” lasts for three days and you are allowed to eat solid food only during the first day. On the first day, you are required to eliminate meat and processed foods and consume only fruits, vegetables, beans and legumes. All plant matter is juiced on day two and by day three you may only drink freshly juiced orange juice.
During the Master Cleanse phase you drink a combination of two tbs. fresh lemon juice, two tbs. maple syrup, 1/10 tsp. cayenne pepper and one to two cups of pure water. Dieters drink six to 12 glasses of this mixture each day and perform a saltwater flush every evening. This is done by drinking salted water, which encourages elimination. The Master Cleanse should be done for 10 days.
The “ease out” phase is a repeat of ease in, but backwards. Start day one with freshly squeezed orange juice, followed by juiced fruits and vegetables and by day three you can consume whole, natural food such as fruit, vegetables and grains.
- The Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet is one approach to the vegan liquid diet.
- All plant matter is juiced on day two and by day three you may only drink freshly juiced orange juice.
How to Do the Three Day Master Cleanse
Select a variety of fruits and vegetables to include in every meal. All produce must be raw and fresh, consumed immediately after juicing to preserve the integrity of the drink. Thoroughly wash and peel any vegetables with rough skins or those that have been waxed, such as cucumbers. Some vegetables that contain the most vitamins include:
- zucchini squash
- Select a variety of fruits and vegetables to include in every meal.
- Thoroughly wash and peel any vegetables with rough skins or those that have been waxed, such as cucumbers.
How to Do the Three Day Master Cleanse
Paprika Lemon Water Cleanse
What Foods Can I Eat When on the Lemon, Cayenne & Pepper Detox Diet?
How to Colon Cleanse Using Lemon Water
Detox Symptoms of a Liver Cleanse
Fruit & Vegetable Cleansing Diet
The Kaiser Liquid Diet
The At-Home Liquid Diet
Five-Day Whey Protein Fast
Can You Detox the Liver With Lemon and Olive Oil?
- Every Diet: Liquid Diets and Juice Fasting
- Doctor Yourself: Juice Fasts
- Burroughs S. The Master Cleanser. Burroughs Books; 1967.
- Lemon, raw. U.S. Department of Agriculture. Published April 1, 2019.
- Hedge R. 15 Health Benefits of Lemon Juice, Back by Science. Organic Facts. Published November 11, 2019.
- Banana, raw. U.S. Department of Agriculture. Published April 1, 2019.
- Gordon B. What Is Intermittent Fasting? Eat Right. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Published May 7, 2019.
- How does weight affect gallstones?. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Published November 2017.
- Start Simple with MyPlate. ChooseMyPlate. U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Gina Ragusa has made a career out of writing for the past 15 years, with an emphasis on financial institution writing. Ragusa has written for Consumer Lending News, Deposit and Loan Growth Strategies and Community Bank President. She earned her Bachelor of Arts from Michigan State University.