The New MyQuit Coach App Helps Make Quitting Smoking a Reality
If you are a smoker and you want to quit, or you know someone who smokes and wants to quit, we have a free app that will help make quitting for good a reality.
We know that the right support is essential to quit smoking. That’s why the LIVESTRONG.COM team built the newly redesigned, physician-approved MyQuit Coach app. Get your own personalized plan to help you finally stop smoking, once and for all.
You can choose to quit smoking cold turkey or gradually decrease your daily nicotine intake at a pace that works for you. Keeping track of the cigarettes you smoke and your cravings gives you quantifiable proof that it IS getting easier, motivating you to keep going.
Need some additional motivation and support? Collect goal-based achievements to remind you of your progress, or reach out to our robust community, filled with people who know firsthand how difficult it is to quit.
Check out this video from Evan Sheiman who used the MyQuit Coach app to quit smoking. He says: "LIVESTRONG saved my life twice!"
Here's what other users have to say about MyQuit Coach:
“With my decision to quit and the help of this easy to use system with achievement based goals to get you a little hyped about getting healthier.”
“I don’t think I could have made it this far without this app and the people. Every morning before I get out of bed and every evening before falling asleep, I read through the messages of other people’s success stories, their struggles, what motivates and inspires them to quit, and I realize I am not in this fight along. I have other people I can count on for help. This app has helped me and anyone who is wanting to quit should be a part of this community. It will help you succeed too.”
“Most helpful (to my surprise) was the ability to track cravings and watch them taper off as the weeks went by (i.e. see quantifiable proof that it actually IS getting easier). Also was nice to have something that I could DO when I was having a craving, rather than just grit my teeth and bear it.”
— Polly Glossia
Here are more MyQuit Coach app users' inspiring quit-smoking stories to help motivate you.
- “With my decision to quit and the help of this easy to use system with achievement based goals to get you a little hyped about getting healthier.”
What Are the Benefits of the New MyQuit Coach?
How to Quit Smoking: Weaning Vs. Cold Turkey
Completely New Design. The new design gives our users a streamlined and helpful experience as they embark on their journey to quit smoking.
Improved Community Experience. Support is at your fingertips from people who know firsthand how difficult it is to quit. Other members are a lifeline when you’re having a craving or a bad day, and vice versa, it can be empowering to encourage others when they need the help.
New Progress Rings With Longest Streaks. The new home page contains progress rings to easily keep track of your cigarette budget at a glance. You can also quickly see your longest smoke-free streaks to help keep you motivated!
Progress Section. It’s easy to keep track of how your cigarettes and cravings decrease over time, and you see quantifiable proof that your efforts ARE working.
Achievements. Collect achievements as you make progress through your plan.
Personalized Motivation. Create a personal motivation to keep you going and remind yourself to keep pushing even on those hardest days.
- Completely New Design.
- The new design gives our users a streamlined and helpful experience as they embark on their journey to quit smoking.
- Progress Section.
- It’s easy to keep track of how your cigarettes and cravings decrease over time, and you see quantifiable proof that your efforts ARE working.
Get additional information and support in the MyQuit community where you can get answers to frequently asked questions from our Community Leader and MyQuit Success story Evan Sheiman as well as our Customer Support Lead, Kali.
With our new and improved app, we are now able to make valuable updates for our users on a more regular basis. We’re working hard to make MyQuit Coach the best quit smoking app out there and truly appreciate your continued support!
How to Quit Smoking: Weaning Vs. Cold Turkey
Chelsea Handler quit smoking with this popular Hollywood method
LIVESTRONG.COM Members' Powerful Quit-Smoking Success Stories
How do I Stop Smoking Cigars?
The Best Weight Loss Apps
How to Cancel a Weight Watchers Membership
Quit Smoking Day Three
What Happens After 15 Days of Not Smoking?
Green Tea Benefits in Quitting Smoking
How to Help a Loved One Lose Weight (Without Hurting Their Feelings)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. Build My Quit Plan | Smokefree. Updated 2020.
- American Lung Association. What to Expect When Quitting. Updated March 14, 2020.
- American Heart Association. 5 Steps to Quit Smoking and Vaping. Updated May 29, 2018.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. Steps to Manage Quit Day | Smokefree. Updated 2020.
- Office on Smoking and Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Five Reasons Why Calling a Quitline Can Be Key to Your Success. Updated March 23, 2020.
- American Lung Association. Top Tips for Quitting Smoking. Updated March 13, 2020.
- American Cancer Society. Quitting Smoking: Help for Cravings and Tough Situations. Updated October 31, 2019.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of the Commissioner. 4 Tips to Quit Smoking. Updated January 5, 2018.
- Pfeiffer CM, Sternberg MR, Schleicher RL, Rybak ME. Dietary supplement use and smoking are important correlates of biomarkers of water-soluble vitamin status after adjusting for sociodemographic and lifestyle variables in a representative sample of U.S. adults. 2013;143(6):957S-965S. doi:10.3945/jn.112.173021
Jess Barron is head of editorial at LIVESTRONG.COM.She has appeared on MSNBC's "The Most," ABC News Now, and XM satellite radio. Barron's writing has appeared on Wired.com, Yahoo! and Poprocks.com.