The skin can start to become dry and change during a your elder years. According to Medical News Today, as men and women age, blood vitamin D concentrations reduce greatly as do other nutrients, and it important to supplement these vitamins to maintain healthy-looking skin. Luckily, there are products available for men and women over 70 that cater to your age specific skin care needs.
Tretinoin is a formula composed of primarily vitamin A. Obtainable by prescription, this cream can reduce the look of wrinkles and hydrate the skin. According to Medical News Today, skin tears are very common in elderly skin, and products such as this can be used to infuse the skin with moisture and to maintain a supple texture 1.
What Vitamins are Good for Thin Skin?
Devita skin care products can be used by men and women of all ages; however, this company's oil-rich products are ample for men and women of old age. Their products are organically based and canrevitalize the skin. If your skin is showing signs of aging, this skin care system can diminish the appearance of wrinkles while giving the skin renewed vigor. One of the primary causes of ashy-looking skin is age, and while getting rid of wrinkles may seem like the only step, Devita points out that to attain a youthful look you must treat your skin carefully.
- Devita skin care products can be used by men and women of all ages; however, this company's oil-rich products are ample for men and women of old age.
- One of the primary causes of ashy-looking skin is age, and while getting rid of wrinkles may seem like the only step, Devita points out that to attain a youthful look you must treat your skin carefully.
Lluvia products contain ingredients found in the deepest rainforests, and boast a concoction that claims to moisturize, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, smoothing out imperfections and restoring some of the suppleness to your skin.
What Vitamins are Good for Thin Skin?
The Best Skin Care Products for a 60-Year-Old Woman
What Are the Benefits of Retinol Cream?
Can Eye Creams Thicken the Skin?
How to Stimulate Collagen & Elastin Production in the Body
The Best Vitamin for Sagging Facial Skin
Can Damaged Collagen Naturally Restore Itself?
The Best Collagen Face Creams
Is Soluble Collagen Effective for Skin Care?
What are the Top Anti-Aging Peptides?
- Medical News Today: Older Patients More Prone To Skin Tears Data Shows
- Medical News Today: Boost Vitamin D Intake Through Diet and Supplements, Not Ultraviolet Radiation, Say Dermatologists
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics: Skin Problems in the Elderly
- Amaro-ortiz A, Yan B, D'orazio JA. Ultraviolet radiation, aging and the skin: prevention of damage by topical cAMP manipulation. Molecules. 2014;19(5):6202-19. doi:10.3390/molecules19056202
- Skin Caner Foundation. All about sunscreen. Updated June 2019.
- Urbańska M, Nowak G, Florek E. Cigarette smoking and its influence on skin aging. Prz Lek. 2012;69(10):1111-4.
- Bernard P, Scior T, Do QT. Modulating testosterone pathway: a new strategy to tackle male skin aging?. Clin Interv Aging. 2012;7:351-61. doi:10.2147/CIA.S34034
- Vashi NA, De castro maymone MB, Kundu RV. Aging differences in ethnic skin. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2016;9(1):31-8.
- Makrantonaki E, Bekou V, Zouboulis CC. Genetics and skin aging. Dermatoendocrinol. 2012;4(3):280-4. doi:10.4161/derm.22372
- Penn Medicine. The truth about wrinkles: 5 common wrinkle myths debunked. Updated December 1, 2019.
- Scior T, B, Do QT. Modulating testosterone pathway: a new strategy to tackle male skin aging? Clinical Interventions in Aging. 2012:351. doi:10.2147/cia.s34034.
- Wrinkles. Mayo Clinic.
Brenda Barron is a writer, editor and researcher based in Southern California. She has worked as a writer since 2004, with work appearing in online and print publications such as BabyZone, "Cat Fancy" and "ePregnancy." She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English literature from California State University, Long Beach.