How to Raise Body pH Level Quickly
The normal pH of your body ranges from 6.5 to 7.5, which is neutral. PH is a measure of how acidic or alkaline something is. If your body fluids are too acidic--6.0 or lower--you could be susceptible to various cancers, diabetes, arthritis and Parkinson’s disease. However, there are certain foods you can add to your diet to raise your body’s pH rather quickly 1. By raising your pH to a normal level, you not only help your body to avoid these diseases, you help it kill bacteria, parasites and viral infections.
Take a litmus test to see how much you need to raise your pH 1. Litmus testing kits are available at science websites, hardware stores and health food stores. Press a strip against your tongue long enough to moisten it. The strip should change color; compare the color to the chart on the test kit. If your saliva is slightly acidic, diet and exercise are fine. For very acidic saliva, see a doctor immediately.
How to Change Your Body pH Level
Incorporate alkaline foods into your daily diet. Alkaline foods include green vegetables, onion, garlic, tomatoes, grapefruit, almonds, pumpkins and some vegetable juices. See “Energise for Life” in the References section for a complete list.
Add at least one alkaline food to each meal. Drink tomato juice in the morning or pour almond milk on your cereal. Have a salad full of alkaline veggies for lunch and prepare a baked veggie casserole for dinner. Eat nuts and alkaline fruits for snacks or incorporate them into breakfast. Avoid convenience foods, meats, and caffeinated and sugary beverages; these are all acid-forming foods that will counteract your efforts.
Exercise to oxygenate your body. Do something stress-relieving like yoga, pilates or tai chi. Loosening your muscles will help oxygen to flow. Oxygen is neutral and will help raise your pH 1. Spend 10 to 15 minutes each day breathing deeply, drawing breaths deep into your lungs.
Most of the foods that raise body pH are common and very tasty. The more of these foods you eat, the faster your pH will rise. There are also exercises you can do to oxygenate your body and foods you should avoid while raising your pH. You should always consult your doctor for advice to make sure you do not raise your body pH too much.
How to Change Your Body pH Level
What Foods Decrease the pH of Urine?
Foods That Break Down Lactic Acid Buildup
How to Increase Lipase Production
How to Detoxify Acidity
List of Alkaline Fruits & Vegetables
Foods That Turn to Acid When You Eat Them
How to Lose 10 Pounds in Three Days
Alkaline Water for Hair Loss
- Natural News: How to Raise Your Body’s pH
- The Telegraph, "Cleanse your body with the alkaline diet." Dec. 29, 2014
- Han H, Segal AM, Seifter JL, Dwyer JT. Nutritional Management of Kidney Stones (Nephrolithiasis). Clin Nutr Res. 2015;4(3):137-52. DOI: 10.7762/cnr.2015.4.3.137
- Schwalfenberg GK. The alkaline diet: is there evidence that an alkaline pH diet benefits health?. J Environ Public Health. 2012;2012:727630. DOI:10.1155/2012/727630
- Remer, T et al. Potential Renal Acid Load of Foods and its Influence on Urine pH, Journal of the American Dietetic Association, Volume 95, Issue 7, 791 - 797 DOI:10.1016/S0002-8223(95)00219-7
- Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Ceglia L. Alkaline diets favor lean tissue mass in older adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;87(3):662-5. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/87.3.662
- Fagherazzi G, Vilier A, Bonnet F, et al. Dietary acid load and risk of type 2 diabetes: the E3N-EPIC cohort study. Diabetologia. 2014;57(2):313-20. doi:10.1007/s00125-013-3100-0
- Xu H, Åkesson A, Orsini N, Håkansson N, Wolk A, Carrero JJ. Modest U-Shaped Association between Dietary Acid Load and Risk of All-Cause and Cardiovascular Mortality in Adults. J Nutr. 2016;146(8):1580-5. doi:10.3945/jn.116.231019
- Han E, Kim G, Hong N, et al. Association between dietary acid load and the risk of cardiovascular disease: nationwide surveys (KNHANES 2008-2011). Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15(1):122. doi:10.1186/s12933-016-0436-z
- Jia T, Byberg L, Lindholm B, et al. Dietary acid load, kidney function, osteoporosis, and risk of fractures in elderly men and women. Osteoporos Int. 2015;26(2):563-70. doi:10.1007/s00198-014-2888-x
- Rebholz CM, Coresh J, Grams ME, et al. Dietary Acid Load and Incident Chronic Kidney Disease: Results from the ARIC Study. Am J Nephrol. 2015;42(6):427-35. doi:10.1159/000443746
- Most of the foods that raise body pH are common and very tasty. The more of these foods you eat, the faster your pH will rise. There are also exercises you can do to oxygenate your body and foods you should avoid while raising your pH. You should always consult your doctor for advice to make sure you do not raise your body pH too much.