Bayer Aspirin is one of the most commonly used over-the-counter medications for pain relief and fever reduction 2. In addition, the American Heart Association (AHA) recommends aspirin use for people who have had a myocardial infarction (heart attack), unstable angina (recurrent chest pain), ischemic stroke (blood clot in brain) or transient ischemic attacks (strokes that resolve). The AHA further states that using aspirin can help prevent heart attacks and strokes. While Bayer Aspirin has many proven benefits, you should be aware of all of its ingredients 2.
Wonderdrug.com (Bayer Aspirin’s website) states that aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is the main ingredient in this medication 23. According to drugs.com, this ingredient works by inhibiting chemical signals in order to reduce pain, fever and swelling and to prevent formation of blood clots 3. Possible side effects with aspirin use include dizziness, ringing in the ears, nausea, heartburn and excessive bleeding. Be sure to inform your doctor of these symptoms, as they may be a sign of overdose.
The Ingredients in Adipex Diet Pills
Most medications contain inactive ingredients to aid in ease of use. According to thefreedictionary.com, an inactive ingredient is "a substance regarded by the FDA as having no effect on a drug's absorption or metabolism, which is added for manufacturer expediency." Wonderdrug.com says Bayer Aspirin also contains carnauba wax, cornstarch, hypromellose, powdered cellulose and triacetin 23. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, consult with your doctor before taking this medication.
- Most medications contain inactive ingredients to aid in ease of use.
- According to thefreedictionary.com, an inactive ingredient is "a substance regarded by the FDA as having no effect on a drug's absorption or metabolism, which is added for manufacturer expediency."
You must always be aware of potential interactions between Bayer Aspirin and other drugs you may be taking 23. According to drugs.com, antacids, urinary alkalinizers, corticosteroids, anticoagulants, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, methotrexate, valproic acid, probenecid, sulfinpyrazone, sulfonylureas and insulin interact with aspirin 3. While this list is quite extensive, it is best to consult with your doctor before taking aspirin.
The Ingredients in Adipex Diet Pills
Tylenol PM Ingredients
Side Effects of Tandrilax
Weight Loss With Caffeine & Aspirin
What Are the Dangers of Taking Excedrin Every Day?
Ephedrine, Aspirin & Caffeine
Motrin & Midol Ingredients
Information About Soft Gel Ibuprofen
How to Use Retin-A 0.05
Ibuprofen 800 Mg Vs. Diclofenac
- The Free Dictionary
- Bayer Aspirin: Genuine Bayer Aspirin
- Drugs.com: Aspirin
- Fuster V, Sweeny JM. Aspirin: a historical and contemporary therapeutic overview. Circulation. 2011;123(7):768-78. doi:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.110.963843
- James DG. Prostaglandins and Inflammation. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. 1980 Sep;73(9):683-683. doi:10.1177/014107688007300924
- Cryer B, Mahaffey KW. Gastrointestinal ulcers, role of aspirin, and clinical outcomes: pathobiology, diagnosis, and treatment. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2014;7:137-46. doi:10.2147/JMDH.S54324
- Berkeley Wellness. Is enteric-coated Aspirin Safer? Berkeley Wellness Newsletter. April 2013.
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology. Is it possible to be allergic to aspirin? 2020.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Aspirin: questions and answers. Updated 2015.
- National Reye's Syndrome Foundation. What is the role of aspirin in triggering Reye's?
As a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician I have extensive experience in musculoskeletal/neurological medicine that will benefit the network.