What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
How to Improve Synovial Fluid With Foods
Synovial fluid is a slightly thick, transparent substance found inside moving joints. It provides a padding effect between bones. Cartilage surrounds the end of each bone. The fluid in-between stops them grinding against each other. A capsule surrounds each joint and contains the synovial fluid, cartilage, tendons and ligaments. Hyaluronic acid is a crucial part of the fluid 1. Certain foods contain this acid and help to improve the level of synovial fluid. Pain occurs when the cartilage wears away and there is a decrease in the level of fluid present. It often leads to chronic arthritic disease.
Visit your doctor or health clinic for advice or an assessment of your joint flexibility.
How Do I Treat a Bone Chip?
Eat oily fish regularly to benefit from Omega 3 and 6. Re-assess your whole diet with the help of a nutritionist or dietitian, if necessary.
Consume fresh pineapple often as it contains bromelain, an enzyme that has a role in reducing joint inflammation.
Ingredients in Prelief
Add soy products to your diet to encourage the hyaluronic acid production. Soy foods boost estrogen and promote hyaluronic acid.
Prepare magnesium-rich foods for regular consumption like apples, pears, peaches, melons, avocados, bananas and tomatoes. They encourage hyaluronic acid levels to rise 1.
Drink lots of filtered water to rid the body of bad bacteria. Steam your food as much as possible to retain important nutrients. Keep active, as much as possible, to stop joints from becoming stiff. Eat more raw food. Certain methods of cooking kill the effectiveness of vitamins.
Reduce or eliminate harmful foods containing saturated fats found in pies, pastries, cakes and cookies. They encourage formation of uric acid crystals. These form in the joints leading to painful episodes. Avoid red meat and minimize consumption of processed foods. Reduce the amount of dairy products consumed including pasta, white rice and white bread.
How Do I Treat a Bone Chip?
Ingredients in Prelief
Nutritional Facts of Dole Pineapple Juice
Spirulina & Arthritis
What Causes Fluid on Your Knee?
Arthrogram Side Effects
Allergic Reactions to Malic Acid
The Best Foods to Lubricate the Knees
How Diet & Exercise Affect the Skeletal System
Potassium & Joint Pain
- Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science: Effects of Different Hyaluronic Acid Products on Synovial Fluid Levels...
- Arthritis Foundation. Hyaluronic acid injections for osteoarthritis pain.
- Richette P, Chevalier X, Ea HK, et al. Hyaluronan for knee osteoarthritis: an updated meta-analysis of trials with low risk of bias. RMD Open. 2015;1(1):e000071. doi:10.1136/rmdopen-2015-000071
- Nelson FR, Zvirbulis RA, Zonca B, et al. The effects of an oral preparation containing hyaluronic acid (Oralvisc®) on obese knee osteoarthritis patients determined by pain, function, bradykinin, leptin, inflammatory cytokines, and heavy water analyses. Rheumatol Int. 2015 Jan;35(1):43-52. doi:10.1007/s00296-014-3047-6
- Jensen GS, Attridge VL, Lenninger MR, Benson KF. Oral intake of a liquid high-molecular-weight hyaluronan associated with relief of chronic pain and reduced use of pain medication: results of a randomized, placebo-controlled double-blind pilot study. J Med Food. 2015 Jan;18(1):95-101. doi:10.1089/jmf.2013.017
- Oe M, Sakai S, Yoshida H, et al. Oral hyaluronan relieves wrinkles: a double-blinded, placebo-controlled study over a 12-week period. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2017;10:267-273. doi:10.2147/CCID.S141845
- Göllner I, Voss W, Von hehn U, Kammerer S. Ingestion of an oral hyaluronan solution improves skin hydration, wrinkle reduction, elasticity, and skin roughness: results of a clinical study. J Evid Based Complementary Altern Med. 2017;22(4):816-823. doi:10.1177/2156587217743640
- Oe M, Tashiro T, Yoshida H, et al. Oral hyaluronan relieves knee pain: a review. Nutr J. 2016;15:11. doi:10.1186/s12937-016-0128-2
- RxList. Synvisc. Updated 6/26/17.
- Simone, P., Alberto, M. Caution Should be Used in Long-Term Treatment with Oral Compounds of Hyaluronic Acid in Patients with a History of Cancer. Clin Drug Investig 35, 689–692 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40261-015-0339-x
- Drink lots of filtered water to rid the body of bad bacteria.
- Steam your food as much as possible to retain important nutrients.
- Keep active, as much as possible, to stop joints from becoming stiff.
- Eat more raw food. Certain methods of cooking kill the effectiveness of vitamins.
- Reduce or eliminate harmful foods containing saturated fats found in pies, pastries, cakes and cookies. They encourage formation of uric acid crystals. These form in the joints leading to painful episodes.
- Avoid red meat and minimize consumption of processed foods.
- Reduce the amount of dairy products consumed including pasta, white rice and white bread.