Herbalife is a California-headquartered company that, according to its website, sells nutrition, weight-management and personal-care products through a network of approximately 1.9 million distributors in 70 countries 1. The company's products range from shake mixes to supplements and skin-care lotions.
Herbalife's weight-loss plan is called ShapeWorks 1. It replaces two meals a day with shakes. To lose weight on the Herbalife plan, you need to buy the shake mix, protein powder and herbal tea concentrate 1. For breakfast, mix two scoops of the Formula 1 shake mix with six to eight ounces of nonfat milk, one scoop of the Personalized Protein Powder, ice and fruit. Mixing this in a blender is advised. You may also have a cup of herbal tea. Mix 1/2 a teaspoon of the herbal tea concentrate in a cup of hot or cold water. Around 10 a.m. you can have a small snack and another cup of the tea. Lunch is another shake. You can add different fruits or even oatmeal for variety. The shake mix comes in different flavors. Around 3 p.m. have another small snack and more herbal tea. For dinner eat a healthy colorful meal that includes protein, two cups of raw or cooked vegetables and one cup of multigrain starch. With all of this it is suggested that you drink a lot of water.
- Herbalife's weight-loss plan is called ShapeWorks 1.
- You can add different fruits or even oatmeal for variety.
Side Effects of Herbal Life Products
Herbalife encourages you to buy its multivitamin and cell activator 1. These vitamins are taken three times a day. The company says the Cell Activator helps to boost the absorption of the multivitamin. Another product called Total Control boosts metabolism, helps with energy and soothes digestion. It includes green tea and other herbs. Total Control should be taken three times a day with breakfast, lunch and a mid-afternoon snack. A product called Snack Defense can be taken any time. It doesn't include caffeine and is supposed to help stabilize blood sugar. Another supplement designed to help with weight loss is Thermo-Bond. It is designed to help you feel full.
- Herbalife encourages you to buy its multivitamin and cell activator 1.
- Another supplement designed to help with weight loss is Thermo-Bond.
Side Effects of Herbal Life Products
Shaklee Weight-Loss System
Vemma Liquid Nutrition
List of Protein Drinks
What Are the Benefits of Drinking Monavie Juice?
What Is the Difference Between Beachbody Meal Replacement and Shakeology?
Vegan Weight Gain Supplements
Shaklee Vitamins & Supplement Facts
Difference in Slim-Fast Optima & Slim-Fast High Protein
- Ignarro L. Herbalife nutritional products and liver injury revisited. Journal of Hepatology. 2008; Volume 49(Issue 2):291–293.
- Licata A, Craxı` A. Considerations regarding the alleged association between Herbalife products and cases of hepatotoxicity: A rebuttal. Internal and Emergency Medicine. February 2014.
- Manso G, López-Rivas L. Continuous reporting of new cases in Spain supports the relationship between Herbalife® products and liver injury. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 2011;20(10):1080–1087.
- Schoepfer AM, Engel A. Herbal does not mean innocuous: Ten cases of severe hepatotoxicity associated with dietary supplements from Herbalife products. Journal of Hepatology. 2007;47(4):521–526.
- Stickel F. Slimming at all costs: Herbalife®-induced liver injury. Journal of Hepatology. 2007; Volume 47(Issue 4):444–446.
Sue Turner has spent 14 years working as a broadcast news reporter and anchor. During that time she has written on a wide range of subjects. Most recently, Turner worked for the FOX and CBS affiliates in Minneapolis, Minn. She graduated from The American University in Washington, D.C.