What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
According to the Mayo Clinic, the goal of a good face moisturizer is the prevention and treatment of dry skin 1. It also serves as an aid in improving tone and texture of the skin 1. Some moisturizers contain humectants, which act as a barrier to keep in water 1. Products recommended by a dermatologist are generally more reliable and trustworthy. They are also easily found in grocery and drug stores because packaging will usually say "Dermatologist Recommended" right on it.
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer
Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer is a light-feeling moisturizer designed to leave the face smooth. It is non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores and cause acne. It also contains SPF 15 to protect skin against harmful UVA and UVB rays. This helps to prevent premature wrinkles. It is recommended for all skin types and has no fragrance. In addition, it can be used underneath makeup for a flawless application.
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer is a light-feeling moisturizer designed to leave the face smooth.
- In addition, it can be used underneath makeup for a flawless application.
Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion
Dermatologist Recommended Soaps
Not only is Eucerin dermatologist preferred, it is recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation. This moisturizer contains SPF 30 to help block UV rays 1. It is absorbed easily and is non-greasy, making it ideal for use under makeup. It is appropriate for sensitive skin because it is non-comedogenic and perfume free, but is suitable for all skin types. This product contains lactic acid, a proven anti-aging ingredient that is extracted from milk. It works by exfoliating dead surface skin cells.
- Not only is Eucerin dermatologist preferred, it is recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation.
- It is appropriate for sensitive skin because it is non-comedogenic and perfume free, but is suitable for all skin types.
Neutrogena Oil-Free Fresh Moisture
Neutrogena describes this moisturizer as being lightweight without leaving behind any residue. It is formulated with a multi-vitamin complex of vitamins A, C and E, making it a perfect aid for dryness or shine. It is non-comedogenic and contains humectants. Humectants help increase water in the skin without causing clogged pores, making this product perfect for all skin types. A dime-sized amount of product should be smoothed over the entire face and neck.
- Neutrogena describes this moisturizer as being lightweight without leaving behind any residue.
- It is formulated with a multi-vitamin complex of vitamins A, C and E, making it a perfect aid for dryness or shine.
Dermatologist Recommended Soaps
Facial Cleansers for Rosacea
The Best Tinted Moisturizers for Mature Skin
The Best Collagen Face Creams
Dermatologist Recommended Moisturizing Lotions
What Is Ammonium Lactate Lotion?
Dry Skin & Tattooing
The Best Remedy for Removing Dead Skin From the Elbows & the Knees
What Is Cetaphil?
- Mayoclinic.com- Moisturizers 101: The basics of softer skin
- Eucerinus.com: Eucerin
- Sethi A, Kaur T, Malhotra SK, Gambhir ML. Moisturizers: The Slippery Road. Indian J Dermatol. 2016;61(3):279-87. doi:10.4103/0019-5154.182427
- Cleveland Clinic. Understanding the ingredients in skin care products. Updated October 10, 2019.
- Masini F, Ricci F, Fossati B, et al. Combination therapy with retinaldehyde (0.1%) glycolic acid (6%) and efectiose (0.1%) in mild to moderate acne vulgaris during the period of sun exposure--efficacy and skin tolerability. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2014;18(16):2283-6.
- "Cosmeceutical Facts & Your Skin." American Academy of Dermatology. Schaumburg, IL, 2004.
Rose Erickson has been a professional writer since 2010. She specializes in fitness, parenting, beauty, health, nutrition and saving money, and writes for several online publications including The Krazy Coupon Lady. She is also a novelist and a mother of three.