What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
When you are carrying excess weight, you are at higher risk of developing several chronic conditions such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes and stroke. Dropping 40 lb. takes discipline, sacrifices and the proper number of calories.
One pound of weight is equivalent to 3,500 calories. You'll need to burn 140,000 calories to lose 40 lb. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, losing 1 to 2 lb 1. a week is a healthful weight loss goal. You can achieve this by reducing your daily intake by 500 to 1,000 calories. For example, if your current intake is 2,400 calories, your new intake will be 1,900 or 1,400. This will allow you to reach your goal in 20 to 40 weeks.
- One pound of weight is equivalent to 3,500 calories.
- This will allow you to reach your goal in 20 to 40 weeks.
How to Lose 15 Pounds in One Month
Two elements need to be considered with your diet -- the foods you eat and the time you eat. Choose nutrient-dense foods such as:
- lean meats
- whole grains
- low-fat dairy products
Instead of trying to eat two or three meals every day, consume five or six and space them no more than three hours apart. This will keep your appetite under control and reduce the chances of overeating.
Exercise is another pivotal part of losing weight 1. If you were to burn 500 calories a day in conjunction with a 1,000 calorie food deficit, you would lose another pound a week and reach your 40 lb. goal even faster. Choose a type of exercise that you enjoy so you will stick with it every day. Biking, swimming, step aerobics, rowing and running are examples. Use an online calculator to find out how long you have to exercise to burn 500 calories for your body size.
- Exercise is another pivotal part of losing weight 1.
- Use an online calculator to find out how long you have to exercise to burn 500 calories for your body size.
How to Lose 15 Pounds in One Month
How Many Calories Per Day to Lose 1 Pound Per Week?
How to Lose 20 Pounds in 10 Days
What Happens to Sugar Levels in the Blood While Fasting?
How Many Calories Should Be Burned to Lose 2.2 Pounds?
How Much EPA & DHA Are in Chia Seeds?
How to Burn 900 Calories a Day
Treadmill Walking and Blood Pressure
Calories in a Slice of Whole-Grain Bread
How to Calculate the Time to Lose 80 lbs.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Losing Weight
- Ndahimana D, Choi YJ, Park JH, Ju MJ, Kim EK. Validity of predictive equations for resting energy expenditure in Korean non-obese adults. Nutr Res Pract. 2018;12(4):283-290. doi:10.4162/nrp.2018.12.4.283
- United States Department of Health and Human Services. DIETARY GUIDELINES FOR AMERICANS 2015-2020 EIGHTH EDITION. 2015.
- Mcmurray RG, Soares J, Caspersen CJ, Mccurdy T. Examining variations of resting metabolic rate of adults: a public health perspective. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014;46(7):1352-8. doi:10.1249/MSS.0000000000000232
- Sumithran P, Proietto J. Safe year-long use of a very-low-calorie diet for the treatment of severe obesity. Med J Aust. 2008;188(6):366-8.
I am very genuine and magnetic on camera, and have made numerous videos on my own for clients and other organizations that I'm affiliated with. I also have a degree in Sport Management, and multiple certifications to back up my validity. I've also been featured in three different exercise infomercials and had a speaking role in a National Lampoons movie.