What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
A sausage biscuit is a commonly consumed breakfast product across the United States. They are found in fast food restaurants or easily made in the kitchen at home. The calories in the sausage biscuit are dictated by the calorie content of the sausage and the biscuit 1.
One serving size of a sausage biscuit is 111 grams. The 111 g serving contains 412 total calories. There are 243 calories from fat, 44 calories from protein and 125 calories from carbohydrates.
Gyro Meat Nutritional Information
There are 8 g of saturated fat and 904 mg of sodium per serving. Other nutrients include 2.06 mg of iron, 379 mg of phosphorus, .43 mg of thiamin and 3.82 mg of riboflavin per serving. These nutrients are important for proper function of the body.
- There are 8 g of saturated fat and 904 mg of sodium per serving.
- Other nutrients include 2.06 mg of iron, 379 mg of phosphorus, .43 mg of thiamin and 3.82 mg of riboflavin per serving.
The saturated fat and sodium content of one sausage biscuit is extremely high. The American Heart Association recommends that your diet contain fewer than 1,500 mg of sodium per day 2. The sausage biscuit has over half of this amount 1. MayoClinic.com recommends limiting saturated fat intake to 15 g per day; the sausage biscuit contains over 50 percent of this recommendation. You can improve the nutritional value of a sausage biscuit by exchanging the pork sausage for a lean turkey sausage. This would significantly reduce the amount of calories from fat and the number of grams of saturated fat per serving.
- The saturated fat and sodium content of one sausage biscuit is extremely high.
- MayoClinic.com recommends limiting saturated fat intake to 15 g per day; the sausage biscuit contains over 50 percent of this recommendation.
Gyro Meat Nutritional Information
The Cheesecake Factory Nutritional Information
Hooters Nutritional Guide
Sprinkles Cupcakes Nutrition Facts
Calories in Margaritas at Chili's
Raisin Bran Muffin Calories
Maple Bar Donut Nutrition
Baked Haddock Nutritional Values
Vitamins in Shrimp
Caesar Salad Nutrition Information
- Calorie Facts: Fast Foods, Biscuit, with Sausage
- American Heart Association: Sodium Recommendations
- Italian sausage. U.S. Department of Agriculture: FoodData Central. Published April 1, 2019.
- Empty Calories. University of Michigan MHealthy Nutrition and Weight Management Program. Revised March 2012.
- Sausage. U.S. Department of Agriculture: FoodData Central. Published April 1, 2019.
- Frankfurther or hot dog, beef. U.S. Department of Agriculture: FoodData Central. Published April 1, 2019.
- Roll, white, hot dog bun. U.S. Department of Agriculture: FoodData Central. Published April 1, 2019.
- Suggested Servings from Each Food Group. American Heart Association. Reviewed January 2017.
- Fact or Fiction from Food Safety for Moms to Be. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Updated September 27, 2018.
- Hot Dogs and Food Safety. U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service.
Joshua Bailey has been writing articles since 2006 with work appearing at Bodybuilding.com and 2athletes.com. Bailey holds the following certifications: NASM-CPT, NASM-PES, NASM-CES and NSCA-CSCS. He also holds a Bachelor of Science in exercise and sports science from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and a Master of Science in exercise physiology from the University of North Carolina, Greensboro.