How to Stop Sores Inside the Nose

Nose sores can be uncomfortable, painful and annoying. Nose sores appear and occur like regular pimples and are scaly, crusty and bleed when picked at. According to heath site, you can cause a nose sore by trimming your nose hair and getting a small cut infected. Sores also are caused by folliculitis, an infection of hair follicles caused by staphylococcus bacteria. Herpes simplex virus can result in nasal sores, as well as seasonal allergies and dry air.

Is This an Emergency?

If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.

See a doctor 1. Your nose wound might be caused by staph bacteria and can be cured only by medication. It will not heal on its own. Leaving a staph infection untreated can cause serious health problems and infections, so it is important to see a doctor, even if your wound seems minor.

How to Get Rid of a Scabby Nose

Learn More

Rinse out your nose with an over-the-counter saline spray. Spray the inside of your nose to soften mucus and flush out bacteria, viruses and allergens. Spray each nostril twice several times a day to help heal your nose sore. Wait several minutes, then blow your nose.

Apply an antibacterial cream to your sore. Use a cotton swab to apply the ointment, making sure you don't inhale any of it. The antibacterial cream will protect your wound from getting infected and help it heal. You can find such lotions and creams at most drugstores. Use it twice a day until your sore is gone 1.

How to Heal Tongue Sores

Learn More

Apply hydrogen peroxide to your sore with a cotton swab. Be sure to saturate the sore lightly so you don't inhale or ingest any of the peroxide. Using hydrogen peroxide on your nose sore will dry it, clean it and stave off infection. Apply the peroxide once a day before bedtime until the sore is healed.

Keep your fingers out of your nose! Don't pick, rub, peel or irritate your nose sore, as tempting as it may be. Having your fingers in your nose is likely what caused your wound in the first place, so keep your fingers away from it and let it heal. In the future, make sure your hands are washed before getting close to your nose, and use tissues if you really need to get in there.