Mold spores are common in the air we breathe. However, an overabundance of these spores in our body can cause body aches, coughing, respiratory problems, mood swings, headaches, fatigue and sinus congestion. The toxins found in mold spores, mycotoxins, are toxic chemicals produced by fungi, including mold. When infected with mold, you must deal with it both inside and outside your body. Treating the mold outside your body is typically done with topical methods, while mold removal on the inside is best dealt with by performing a mycotoxin detox.
Removing Mold from the Outside of Your Body
Soak the infected area of the body with apple cider vinegar three times a day. The vinegar works as a drying and antiseptic agent.
Apply tea tree oil or oregano oil to the area with a cotton ball a few times a day until the mold is gone.
Visit your primary care physician. Your doctor will be able to prescribe an antifungal cream or lotion for you to apply to the affected area. Follow all of your doctor's instructions.
Keep the area dry and sanitized. Mold thrives in damp, dark areas. Keeping your body dry and clean will help combat the mold.
Removing Mold from the Inside of Your Body
Use antihistamine or inhalers to treat the mold. Your doctor can prescribe the correct medication for your specific needs.
Take herbs that can cleanse your intestinal tract, bowels and stomach. Those areas are the ones that mycotoxins have the most effect on. Use goldenseal, psyllium and cascara sagrada to help rid your body of the toxins.
Add garlic to your diet. Garlic has natural antifungal properties and will help rid your body of mycotoxins. Along with garlic, incorporate dandelion and licorice root into your recipes.
Drink plenty of water. Water is an important part of the detox treatment because the water will flush the toxins out of your body.
Limit the amount of mycotoxic food and drinks in your diet.
Consult your primary care physician before performing any detox treatment.