Parasite invasion usually occurs from the consumption of contaminated food or liquid. Bites from pests such as tics and mosquitoes is another common origin. Infection is common in young children, who tend to interact with parasite-infested environments such as gardens and playgrounds.
A parasite cleanse is the use of potent all-natural ingredients, which are ingested into the body with the purpose of removing unwelcome parasites from the intestines and colon 3. Naturopathic medicine promotes a holistic approach to health with minimal use of surgeries and drugs. Please make sure to consult your physician before attempting naturopathic remedies at home.
What are Parasites?
A parasite is an organism that thrives on the living tissue of a host organism, typically causing harm to the host without immediately killing it. There are four major groups of parasites: protozoa; nematodes; cestodes, or tapeworms; and trematodes. Contracted through human and animal feces, protozoa is the most common parasite related to human infection. Nematodes include the intestinal parasite -- the roundworm, which children are particularly susceptible to, as they are transmitted directly from soil. Tapeworms can be contracted from beef, pork and fish, with pork tapeworms being the more dangerous of the three. Children can suffer trematode infection from water contact, such as swimming and bathing. Symptoms include urinary and liver problems.
- A parasite is an organism that thrives on the living tissue of a host organism, typically causing harm to the host without immediately killing it.
- Nematodes include the intestinal parasite -- the roundworm, which children are particularly susceptible to, as they are transmitted directly from soil.
Common Human Parasites
Parasites invade and irritate body tissue, suppress immune system function and cause organ obstructions. Some parasites absorb nutrients from food while others deplete minerals from bones and organs, resulting in vitamin deficiencies. Malaria, river blindness and sleeping sickness can all be attributed to parasite invasion within the body. River blindness, found in Africa and the Middle East, leaves its host visually impaired and may also result in deterioration of skin pigmentation. Initial symptoms of sleeping sickness include cardiac and kidney disorders; if untreated, the condition can develop into extreme conditions of fatigue, insomnia and even death.
- Parasites invade and irritate body tissue, suppress immune system function and cause organ obstructions.
- River blindness, found in Africa and the Middle East, leaves its host visually impaired and may also result in deterioration of skin pigmentation.
Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, constipation and diarrhea are among the more unpleasant symptoms associated with parasite invasion. Joint and muscle aches, nervousness, chronic fatigue and abdominal pain have also been attributed to the infection. Look for rashes and allergies in children, who are not as acute in determining symptoms of sickness.
Diseases Caused by Drinking Water From the Bird Bath
A combination of anti-parasitic herbs can remove any parasite infection in children. Several all-natural cleansers are available that will remove in excess of 100 parasites from your system. Drugs also are available, but they will only kill a handful of parasites at a time and have unpleasant side effects. Black walnut, clover seed and wormwood are among the most common herbs used in cleansing supplements. An array of natural cleansing products are available at online pharmacies. Seek diagnosis from your doctor before considering a cleanse. Some symptoms of parasite infection may be applicable to other medical conditions.
- A combination of anti-parasitic herbs can remove any parasite infection in children.
Follow basic hygiene, such as cleaning your hands before and after eating and going to the bathroom. Washing everything in food-grade hydrogen peroxide will avoid contamination. Thoroughly cook meat and fish and avoid leaving food out over night, as this will reduce the incubation period for parasites.
Common Human Parasites
Diseases Caused by Drinking Water From the Bird Bath
Symptoms of Roundworms in People
Herbal Treatments for Tapeworm
Worms That Resemble Hair in Humans
List of Common Bacteria and Guardia Found in Creeks & Streams
What Are the Effects of Tapeworms in Humans?
How Do People Get Pin Worms?
Symptoms of Intestinal Worms
Disorders Related to Lack of Personal Hygiene
- Parasitology: The biological science of parasites, their hosts, and the relationship between them
- Parasite Cleanse: Parasites
- Kiani H, Haghighi A, Rostami A, et al. PREVALENCE, RISK FACTORS AND SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED TO INTESTINAL PARASITE INFECTIONS AMONG PATIENTS WITH GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS IN NAHAVAND, WESTERN IRAN. Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo. 2016;58:42. doi:10.1590/S1678-9946201658042
- Haque R. Human intestinal parasites. J Health Popul Nutr. 2007;25(4):387-91.
- Waller PJ, Bernes G, Thamsborg SM, et al. Plants as de-worming agents of livestock in the Nordic countries: historical perspective, popular beliefs and prospects for the future. Acta Vet Scand. 2001;42(1):31-44. doi:10.1186/1751-0147-42-31
- Neag MA, Mocan A, Echeverría J, et al. Berberine: Botanical Occurrence, Traditional Uses, Extraction Methods, and Relevance in Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Hepatic, and Renal Disorders. Front Pharmacol. 2018;9:557. doi:10.3389/fphar.2018.00557
- Okeniyi JA, Ogunlesi TA, Oyelami OA, Adeyemi LA. Effectiveness of dried Carica papaya seeds against human intestinal parasitosis: a pilot study. J Med Food. 2007;10(1):194-6. doi:10.1089/jmf.2005.065
- Grzybek M, Kukula-koch W, Strachecka A, et al. Evaluation of Anthelmintic Activity and Composition of Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) Seed Extracts-In Vitro and in Vivo Studies. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17(9):1456. doi:10.3390/ijms17091456
- Ekanem AP, Brisibe EA. Effects of ethanol extract of Artemisia annua L. against monogenean parasites of Heterobranchus longifilis. Parasitol Res. 2010;106(5):1135-9. doi:10.1007/s00436-010-1787-0
- Lepczyńska M, Białkowska J, Dzika E, Piskorz-ogórek K, Korycińska J. Blastocystis: how do specific diets and human gut microbiota affect its development and pathogenicity? Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2017;36(9):1531-1540. doi:10.1007/s10096-017-2965-0
- Travers MA, Florent I, Kohl L, Grellier P. Probiotics for the control of parasites: an overview. J Parasitol Res. 2011;2011:610769. doi:10.1155/2011/610769
- Ekanem AP, Brisibe EA. Effects of ethanol extract of Artemisia annua L. against monogenean parasites of Heterobranchus longifilis. Parasitol Res. 2010 Apr;106(5):1135-9.
- Grzybek M, Kukula-Koch W, Strachecka A, et al. Evaluation of Anthelmintic Activity and Composition of Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo L.) Seed Extracts—In Vitro and in Vivo Studies. Battino M, ed. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2016;17(9):1456.
- Imanshahidi M, Hosseinzadeh H. Pharmacological and therapeutic effects of Berberis vulgaris and its active constituent, berberine. Phytother Res. 2008 Aug;22(8):999-1012.
- Mahmoudvand H, Saedi Dezaki E, Sharififar F, Ezatpour B, Jahanbakhsh S, Fasihi Harandi M. Protoscolecidal Effect of Berberis vulgaris Root Extract and Its Main Compound, Berberine in Cystic Echinococcosis. Iran J Parasitol. 2014 Oct-Dec;9(4):503-10.
- Okeniyi JA, Ogunlesi TA, Oyelami OA, Adeyemi LA. Effectiveness of dried Carica papaya seeds against human intestinal parasitosis: a pilot study. J Med Food. 2007 Mar;10(1):194-6.
- Rouhani S, Salehi N, Kamalinejad M, Zayeri F. Efficacy of Berberis vulgaris aqueous extract on viability of Echinococcus granulosus protoscolices. J Invest Surg. 2013 Dec;26(6):347-51.
James Doyle began writing professionally in 2005 with work published in "The Glasgow Guardian," "Football Italia" magazine and "EMMA." Doyle is a REPs certified personal trainer and has studied English language at Glasgow University. He graduated with a Master of Arts in 2007.