27 July, 2017
What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
How to Naturally Dissolve Your Peyronie's Plaques
Peyronie’s disease is a condition of the penis. It is a hard lump, or plaque, that develops on either the topside or underside of the penis. It starts out as an inflammation and later turns into a hardened scar. Some cases of Peyronie’s disease literally appear overnight; others develop over time. The disease can cause the penis to bend when it is erect and can cause pain in the penis. Peyronie’s diesease is not cancerous, contagious or transmittable. Surgery is the most successful treatment, but consider several options to naturally dissolve your Peyronie’s plaques.
Try a hyperthermia (heat therapy) session. Hyperthermia can reduce the size of the plaque and also reduce the amount of curvature that Peyronie’s disease causes to the penis. Treatment usually involves 5 weeks of 30-minute treatment sessions performed twice a week.
Take Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALC) which has shown to improve some effects of Peyronie’s disease in some patients. It can reduce the size of the Peyronie’s plaques and some of the pain caused by erections. You can purchase ALC over the counter.
Take 400 mg of vitamin E daily to help reduce the swelling and size of Peyronie’s plaques.
Visit a dietitian to restructure your diet. Ask her to perform an allergy test to determine if you are allergic to anything in your diet that could be affecting your overall health. If your body is healthy and you have energy, you can better fight the pain and discomfort of Peyronie's plaques.
If natural treatments are not completely successful in dissolving your Peyronie’s plaques, consider having surgery to correct the condition. According to the Mayo Clinic, all men who have Peyronie’s disease and are in general good health are eligible candidates for surgical correction of the disorder. Avoid rubbing or massaging the Peyronie's plaques. Pressure on the plaques does not help to reduce them, but causes them to increase in size.
- “Peyronie’s Diesease Handbook;” Theodore Herazy; 2008
- “Understanding Peyronies Disease: A Treatment Guide for Curvature of the Penis;” Laurence A. Levine MD; 2007
- Mayo Clinic: Peyronie’s Disease
- If natural treatments are not completely successful in dissolving your Peyronie’s plaques, consider having surgery to correct the condition. According to the Mayo Clinic, all men who have Peyronie’s disease and are in general good health are eligible candidates for surgical correction of the disorder.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging the Peyronie's plaques. Pressure on the plaques does not help to reduce them, but causes them to increase in size.
- Darrin Klimek/Digital Vision/Getty Images