27 July, 2017
What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
Lysol refers to a brand of disinfectant that kills bacteria, mycobacteria and viruses. People use Lysol to disinfect homes, hospitals and other locations. Lysol is toxic to humans if used incorrectly.
If a person ingests Lysol, give the victim a glass of water and seek immediate medical attention. Ingesting Lysol may cause nausea, vomiting, circulatory failure, respiratory failure, central nervous system depression, liver dysfunction and kidney dysfunction.
If you get Lysol on your skin, wash it off with soap and water. Remove any clothing that soaked with Lysol. See a doctor if irritation persists after washing your skin.
If eye contact occurs, flush eyes with water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if necessary. See a doctor if irritation continues after flushing with water.
Aerosol forms of Lysol are flammable. Do not expose aerosol forms of Lysol to heat and flame. Never puncture aerosol cans.