How to Clean Lungs Naturally
Your lungs are a vital part of your respiratory system, which is in charge of breathing 1. Their function is to bring in oxygen so it can be distributed throughout your body. Every day, your lungs are bombarded by toxins, such as environmental pollution, allergens, dust, cigarette smoke and microorganisms. These substances can scar your lungs, reduce your body’s oxygen intake and weaken your breathing. Natural remedies can help clear your lungs of these harmful toxins.
Perform yoga deep breathing exercises for 30 minutes every day 1. Doing yoga breathing regularly can help your lungs flush out impurities such as those from cigarette smoke, according to naturopathic doctor and licensed acupuncturist Dr. Leia Melead. She also recommends getting plenty of fresh air and outdoor exercise such as brisk walking.
Lung Detox & Cleansing
Take one 500 mg rosemary capsule daily to help clean your lungs. According to botanist Dr. James Duke, rosemary herb contains antioxidants which can stimulate the flow of blood in the tiny blood vessels called capillaries in your lungs. This helps your lungs eliminate stagnant pollutants from your lungs into your general blood circulation where they can be filtered and eliminated.
Drink one cup of honeysuckle tea every day. Honeysuckle herb can help your lungs dislodge phlegm and thereby aids drainage of your lungs, according to pharmacognosist (natural product pharmacist) Dr. Albert Leung 3.
This article is not intended as a substitute for medical advice from your physician or healthcare professional.
- Your lungs are a vital part of your respiratory system, which is in charge of breathing.
- These substances can scar your lungs, reduce your body’s oxygen intake and weaken your breathing.
- Take one 500 mg rosemary capsule daily to help clean your lungs.
Lung Detox & Cleansing
Ways to Fix Your Lungs After Smoking
Supplements That Help Cleanse the Lungs
How do I Cleanse the Body When Quitting Smoking?
How Do I Clean Lungs After Quitting Smoking?
Food to Help Breathing
How to Clear Mucus From Smoking
Herbs That Clean the Lungs
How to Clear Mucus From the Chest
Vitamins That Help the Lungs After Quitting Smoking
- “The Little Book of Yoga Breathing: Pranayama Made Easy”; Scott Shaw; 2004
- “Food Synergy: Unleash Hundreds of Powerful Healing Food Combinations to Fight Disease and Live Well”; Elaine Magee; 2008
- “The Green Pharmacy Guide to Healing Foods: Proven Natural Remedies to Treat and Prevent More Than 80 Common Health Concerns”; James A. Duke; 2009
- thorax x-ray of the lungs image by JoLin from Fotolia.com