Though there are many drug manufacturing companies that claim taking certain pills can help enhance your libido, the best libido enhancers are completely natural. Eating certain foods and spices and taking a yoga class are the best libido enhancers. Read on to discover how these natural aphrodisiacs (sexual stimulants) can help boost your libido.
According to TheFoodPaper.com and Forbes Magazine, there are certain foods known to enhance your libido 1. Avocados enhances male libido by increasing male hormone production while the potassium found in this food helps regulate female thyroid glands, which helps enhance the female libido. Bananas are a common aphrodisiac due to their phallic shape as well as the fact that bananas are rich with testosterone-producing vitamins. Asparagus also helps increase testosterone levels (which increases both male and female libido levels). TheFoodPaper.com reports that basil stimulates your sex drive and enhances female fertility. Forbes magazine reports that soy products can help women’s vaginal area remain lubricated, which enhances the sexual experience for men and women alike. Soy also helps the male prostate: a critical male sexual organ.
- According to TheFoodPaper.com and Forbes Magazine, there are certain foods known to enhance your libido 1.
- TheFoodPaper.com reports that basil stimulates your sex drive and enhances female fertility.
Foods Men Can Eat to Enhance Sexual Stamina
Adding spices like cumin, curry and cayenne pepper to your meals can provide your blood flow an instant boost that improves your libido. Chili peppers specifically improve your circulation. Cayenne pepper is a warming spice that increases your blood flow. You can add it to any dish as long as you do not suffer from indigestion. Curry is another spice that heats up your whole body, which can make your sexual organs more sensitive. Cumin is a warm spice that has traditionally been associated with enhancing your libido.
- Adding spices like cumin, curry and cayenne pepper to your meals can provide your blood flow an instant boost that improves your libido.
Through different asanas (steady poses) and pranayama (breathing exercises), yoga can help you change the quality of your sex life. Yoga helps improve your sensitivity, which enhances your sensuality in and outside of the bedroom. Yogic breathing exercises help you overcome any anxiety you may have towards sex so that you can relax and enjoy the experience more fully. Being relaxed also helps you tune in to your partner’s sexual needs. In addition to relaxing you, yoga also helps you achieve better orgasms through strengthening your pelvic floor muscles and sexual organs. Yoga also helps you experiment with more sexual positions through the flexibility you gain from the practice. There are specific poses you can practice to enhance your libido, including the lotus position, plough pose, shoulder stand and headstand.
- Through different asanas (steady poses) and pranayama (breathing exercises), yoga can help you change the quality of your sex life.
- In addition to relaxing you, yoga also helps you achieve better orgasms through strengthening your pelvic floor muscles and sexual organs.
Foods Men Can Eat to Enhance Sexual Stamina
Damiana Tea for Fertility
How to Increase Libido in Your 60s
How to Increase My Wife's Sex Drive
How to Increase Male Stamina
Chinese Home Remedies for Impotence
What Can You Naturally Do for Low Progesterone?
Are There Herbs That Improve Male Libido?
Herbs to Grow Muscle Mass
Free Exercises for Increasing Sexual Stamina Naturally
- Forbes Magazine: Recipe for better sex: What to eat to add spice
- Calabrò RS, Cacciola A, Bruschetta D, et al. Neuroanatomy and function of human sexual behavior: A neglected or unknown issue? Brain Behav. 2019 Dec;9(12):e01389. doi:10.1002/brb3.1389
- Culley C. Carson III, Prevalence, diagnosis and treatment of hypogonadism in primary care practice. Boston University School of Medicine. Feb 7, 2003.
- Brawer MK. Testosterone replacement in men with andropause: An overview. Rev Urol. 2004;6(Suppl 6):S9-S15.
- West SL, D’Aloisio AA, Agans RP, Kalsbeek WD, Borisov NN, Thorp JM. Prevalence of low sexual desire and hypoactive sexual desire disorder in a nationally representative sample of US women. Arch Intern Med. 2008;168(13):1441-1449.
- Herman JP, McKlveen JM, Ghosal S, et al. Regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical stress response. Compr Physiol. 2016; 6(2): 603–621. doi:10.1002/cphy.c150015
- Hamilton LD, Rellini AH, Meston CM. Cortisol, sexual arousal, and affect in response to sexual stimuli. J Sex Med. 2008;5(9):2111-2118. doi:10.1111/j.1743-6109.2008.00922.x
- Rizk PJ, Kohn TP, Pastuszak AW, Khera M. Testosterone therapy improves erectile function and libido in hypogonadal men. Curr Opin Urol. 2017 Nov; 27(6): 511–515.doi:10.1097/MOU.0000000000000442
Ripa Ajmera has been writing for six years. She has written for ABCNews.com, General Nutrition Center (GNC), TCW Finance, Alliance for a New Humanity, Washington Square News and more. She was a Catherine B. Reynolds Scholar from 2006-2008 and graduated from New York University Stern School of Business with an Honors degree in Marketing.