18 July, 2017
List of 10-Day Weight Loss Diet Plans
A 10-day diet plan to lose weight may help you slim down without making too long of a commitment. There are different options for 10-day plans so you can choose one that best meets your needs in terms of food preferences, beliefs and schedule. Always check with your doctor before going on a diet, even a short-term diet.
The Lemonade Diet
The lemonade diet, also known as the master cleanser diet, or the maple syrup diet, is taken from "The Master Cleanser" by alternative health practitioner Stanley Burroughs and "Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days" by Peter Glickman. You consume calories from the maple syrup in the lemonade, and since you are allowed to drink as much lemonade as you wish, you do not have to starve yourself.
Some experts warn that fasts can have adverse effects, such as blood-sugar problems and vitamin deficiencies, according to an article on Msnbc.com. Lona Sandon, a dietitian and spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, says that long-term fasts may lead to muscle breakdown. Dr. Nasir Moloo, a gastroenterologist, says that the body gets rid of toxins on its own, so people do not need to fast. Speak with your doctor being attempting this, or any other, fast or alternative health treatment.
Kristina Amelong's 10-day Diet
Kristina Amelong's 10-day diet is outlined in her book, "Kristina Amelong's Ten Days to Optimal Health" and based on research by Dr. Weston A. Price. Amelong is the creator of the Optimal Health Center in Wisconsin and a certified nutritionist. The diet calls for eating fruit, protein and fat for breakfast and a small meal every two to four hours afterward. Please check with your doctor before starting an alternative diet.
Climate Neutral Diet
Following the climate neutral diet may help you lose 10 lb. in 10 days, according to a September 2006 article in the "Huffington Post." The diet was accidentally developed by Dan Worth when he and his wife went to Paris for 10 days and ate all the French food they wanted, but took the metro and walked extensively. Worth says he estimated climbing 100 floors per day at the metro and walking approximately five miles per day. This amount of exercise may not be suitable for everyone so speak with your doctor before using this program.
The Daniel fast is a partial fast based on Biblical references to what the prophet Daniel ate. While there are certain foods that you do not eat, what you do eat is similar to a vegan diet. Daniel fasted for 21 days according to the Bible, but you can do a 10 day Daniel's diet using the same food restrictions..
A study published in "Lipids in Health and Disease" journal in September 2010 reported that participants experienced lower cholesterol and total calorie consumption.
Pregnant women and people with health conditions such as diabetes may need to make modifications to this diet. Ask your doctor for specific recommendations.
- "Lipids in Health and Disease"; Effect of a 21 day Daniel Fast on Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Men and Women; Richard J. Bloomer, et al.; September 2010
- Enemabag.com; 10-Day Diet; Kristina Amelong (pdf)
- "The Master Cleanser"; Stanley Burroughs; 1976
- MSNBC; Experts Warn of Detox Diet Dangers; Susan Moores
- DanielsDiet.com: Daniel's Diet 10-Day Detox & Weight Loss Plan
- New Birth Christian Ministries: Daniel Fast Information, Guidelines and Purpose (pdf)
- Optimal Health Network: Optimal Health Center Colon Hydrotherapy Services
- Stanley Burroughs' Master Cleanse Diet
- Lose Weight, Have More Energy and Be Happier in 10 Days"; Peter Glickman; 2005
- The Master Cleanse; The Lemonade Diet; December 2008
- Photodisc/Photodisc/Getty Images