The Weslo Cardio Glide is a unique cardio machine that looks like a stationary bike but functions more like a rowing machine 1. It is not at all like an air walker or glider, which are machines that you stand up on and slide your feet as on a ski machine.
To use the Cardio Glide, you sit on the seat and pull the handlebars toward you like you would on a rowing machine. At the same time, you extend your legs forward. This utilizes muscles in your upper and lower body so you use more calories.
- To use the Cardio Glide, you sit on the seat and pull the handlebars toward you like you would on a rowing machine.
- At the same time, you extend your legs forward.
Calories Burned in Plyometrics
Rowing on a stationary machine such as the Weslo Cardio Glide burns an estimated 207 to 502 calories in one hour for a person weighing 130 pounds 1. The amount depends on how much effort you put into the exercise. Light effort will use closer to 207 calories and vigorous effort will get you closer to 502. A person weighing more will burn more. For example, a 205-pound individual will burn approximately 326 to 791 calories per hour, according to NutriStrategy. Estimates exist for greater than vigorous effort, but it is unlikely you'll be able to exercise at that intensity on the Weslo as it is a low-impact machine.
- Rowing on a stationary machine such as the Weslo Cardio Glide burns an estimated 207 to 502 calories in one hour for a person weighing 130 pounds 1.
For a closer approximation of your calories burned, and to eliminate the math, you can use an online calorie calculator. Enter your weight and duration of exercise. Select an option such as "stationary rowing" or "rowing on a machine" to differentiate between rowing outdoors, as using a Weslo Cardio Glide is not like rowing a boat 1.
Calories Burned in Plyometrics
Can You Lose Weight From Power Rider Exercise?
How Many Calories Are Burned on an Elliptical Machine?
Elliptical Vs. Stairmaster
How Much Weight Is Lost Doing 20 Minutes on the Stair Stepper?
Calories Burned With Power Sculpt
How Many Calories Do You Burn While Jogging 4.5 MPH?
How To Lose Weight with Dumbbells
How to Calculate Calories Burned Per Sit Up Based on Weight
Calories Burned on a Bicycle Ride
- Icon Fitness: Weslo Cardio Glide Owner's Manual
- NutriStrategy: Calories Burned During Exercise, Activities, Sports and Work
- Ogurkowska M, Kawalek K, Zygmanska M. Biomechanical characteristics of rowing. Trends Sport Sci. 2015;2(22):61-69.
- Šarabon N, Kozinc Ž, Babič J, Marković G. Effect of rowing ergometer compliance on biomechanical and physiological indicators during simulated 2,000-metre race. J Sports Sci Med. 2019;18(2):264-270.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Rowing. Updated March 12, 2012.
- Flood J. Complete Guide to Indoor Rowing. Bloomsbury Publishing USA; 2019.
Sarka-Jonae Miller has been a freelance writer and editor since 2003. She was a personal trainer for four years with certifications from AFAA and NASM. Miller also worked at 24 Hour Fitness, LA Fitness and as a mobile trainer. Her career in the fitness industry begin in 2000 as a martial arts, yoga and group exercise instructor. She graduated cum laude from Syracuse University.