What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
Upper arm cellulite can be embarrassing and a sign of excess body fat that has accumulated in this area. Though cellulite may seem like a special type of fat, it's regular body fat that collects under the skin and has a cottage cheese or bumpy appearance. You can employ a few techniques at home to combat cellulite on the upper arms.
- fish or skinless chicken
- whole grain breads
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends eating foods with fewer than 400 calories per serving and a daily value of less than 5 percent of fat to maintain a healthy diet. Try eating smaller meals more often through the day to avoid hunger pains and overeating at meal times.
- According to Shape Fit, dehydration can make cellulite more noticeable 1.
- Make a majority of your food selections from nutrient-dense foods such as: * whey
* fish or skinless chicken
* whole grain breads The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends eating foods with fewer than 400 calories per serving and a daily value of less than 5 percent of fat to maintain a healthy diet.
How to Get Rid of Upper Leg Cellulite
Cardio exercise burns excess body fat and upper arm cellulite 2. Participate in 30 to 60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise five to seven days per week. Activities such as running, swimming, aerobics class and cycling are all popular forms of cardio exercise. Select activities you enjoy and can stick with.
- Cardio exercise burns excess body fat and upper arm cellulite 2.
- Activities such as running, swimming, aerobics class and cycling are all popular forms of cardio exercise.
Strength training can be done for each major muscle group (arms, legs, stomach, back and chest) one to three days per week to improve your body's muscle mass and eliminate upper arm cellulite.
Push-ups and triceps kickbacks are effective exercises for the front and back of the upper arm.
How to Get Rid of Upper Leg Cellulite
Exercises to Slim Hips, Thighs & Stomach
Can You Get Rid of Cellulite With Diet & Exercise?
Diet Pop and Cellulite
How to Get Rid of a Bulging Stomach
How to Get Rid of Cellulite on the Legs Fast
Easiest Way to Get Rid of Love Handles
How to Get Rid of Fat Dimples
How to Avoid Cellulite
Can You Dissolve Fat Lumps in the Body?
- Shape Fit: Cellulite Removal
- ACE Fitness: Exercise and Cellulite
- Shape Fit: Pushups
- Shape Fit: Dumbbell Kickbacks
- Dover, J. S., Orringer, J. S., Alam, M. (2014). Body Shaping, Skin Fat and Cellulite E-Book: Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series. United Kingdom: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Tokarska K, Tokarski S, Woźniacka A, Sysa-Jędrzejowska A, Bogaczewicz J. Cellulite: a cosmetic or systemic issue? Contemporary views on the etiopathogenesis of cellulite. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2018;35(5):442-446. doi:10.5114/ada.2018.77235
- Luebberding S, Krueger N, Sadick NS. Cellulite: An evidence-based review. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2015;16(4):243-256. doi:10.1007/s40257-015-0129-5
- American Academy of Dermatology Association. Cellulite treatments: What really works?.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration. ZELTIQ CoolSculpting System 510(k). Published September 24, 2015.
- Zerini I, Sisti A, Cuomo R, et al. Cellulite treatment: A comprehensive literature review. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2015;14(3):224-40. doi:10.1111/jocd.12154
Ashley Farley has been a certified personal trainer since 2008. She is also a writer specializing in healthy living, fitness and nutrition topics. Farley has an Associate of Science in mental health services from the Community College of the Air Force and is pursuing her B.A. in English at Wright State University.