Black Mold poisoning can cause only one to two symptoms in some people and many more in other people. Exposure and poisoning related to black mold can cause mild, moderate or severe illness, and sometimes death if left untreated. Black mold grows in moist or humid areas and grows in patches that appear as multiple black spots. There are several symptoms to be aware of that may indicate you have been exposed to black mold and have black mold poisoning. You should visit your physician immediately if you suspect illness from black mold for immediate professional medical attention.
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
Black Mold releases toxic spores into the environment in order to kill off other black molds in the area that are its competition for food and territory. When you breath in these toxic spores, you may experience respiratory symptoms such as congestion, coughing, increased mucous production and shortness of breath.
Nausea and Vomiting
Most people will experience nausea and vomiting after exposed to black mold. If you have been exposed to large amounts, or for prolonged periods of time, your nausea and vomiting may continue to get worse.
You may develop rashes on your skin after an exposure to black mold. You may have mild or moderate pink and brown skin rashes on any part of your skin. These rashes may itch, although they do not always, and may go away and reappear periodically.
Muscle Pains and Fatigue
As the spores enter your body from exposure to black mold, you may start to develop muscle pains and fatigue. This occurs as your immune system attempts to destroy the invaders and re-routes energy to the immune system. You may also experience fever and cold systems with fatigue.
- EmiliaU/iStock/Getty Images