What does fact checked mean?
At Healthfully, we strive to deliver objective content that is accurate and up-to-date. Our team periodically reviews articles in order to ensure content quality. The sources cited below consist of evidence from peer-reviewed journals, prominent medical organizations, academic associations, and government data.
The information contained on this site is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a professional health care provider. Please check with the appropriate physician regarding health questions and concerns. Although we strive to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, no guarantee to that effect is made.
A uterine infection, medically known as endometritis, is a medical condition in which the lining of the uterus actually becomes irritated or inflamed. This uterine infection typically occurs after having a miscarriage or even after a long childbirth. Symptoms include pelvic or stomach pain and vaginal bleeding or discharge. Fortunately, antibiotic medications can treat uterine infections.
If you are experiencing serious medical symptoms, seek emergency treatment immediately.
Ceftriaxone's serious effects include:
- bloody or watery diarrhea
- decreased urination
- blistering or peeling of the skin
- muscle weakness
- white patches or sores in the mouth or on the lips 1
Ceftriaxone's other serious effects include dark colored urine, confusion, yellowing of the skin, bloating and stomach pain that may move to the back 1. Call a physician immediately if ceftriaxone causes these effects 1.
Antibiotics For Epididymitis
Ceftazidime's serious effects include:
- a rash
- trouble breathing
- a sore throat
- a rash
- hives 2
Call a physician immediately when ceftazidime causes these effects 2.
Piperacillin and Tazobactam
Piperacillin and tazobactam (Zosyn) is a combination drug that also works to fight infections 3.
Piperacillin and tazobactam also causes anxiety, constipation and a skin rash 3. Phone a physician when these effects remain for more than five to seven days.
Inform a doctor if piperacillin and tazobactam causes these effects 3.
This drug is given as an injection for seven to ten days or as prescribed.
- Piperacillin and tazobactam (Zosyn) is a combination drug that also works to fight infections 3.
- Inform a doctor if piperacillin and tazobactam causes these effects 3.
Antibiotics For Epididymitis
Thyroid Medications List
Long-Term Effects of Amlodipine
Bactrim DS 800-160 Tablets Side Effects
Prescription Medications for Cold Sores
Side Effects of Pepto-Bismol
Sulfameth/Trimethoprim Side Effects
Are There Side Effects When You Stop Taking Metoprolol?
Vitamin A Palmitate Side Effects
Levaquin 500 mg Side Effects
- Drugs.com: Ceftriaxone
- MedlinePlus: Ceftazidime
- Drugs.com: Piperacillin and Tazobactam
- Fair RJ, Tor Y. Antibiotics and bacterial resistance in the 21st century. Perspect Medicin Chem. 2014;6:25-64. doi:10.4137/PMC.S14459
- Fisher J, Ganellin CR, IUPAC. Analogue-based Drug Discovery (1st Edition). Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley VCH Books; 2006.
- Kapoor G, Saigal S, Elongavan A. Action and resistance mechanisms of antibiotics: A guide for clinicians. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2017;33(3):300-5. doi:10.4103/joacp.JOACP_349_15
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals. Ceftriaxone injection, powder, for solution. Updated October 2018.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Cefepime.
- Dimovska-Gavrilovska A, Chaparoski A, Gavrilovski A, Milenkovikj Z. The importance of perioperative prophylaxis with cefuroxime or ceftriaxone in the surgical site infections prevention after cranial and spinal neurosurgical procedures. Pril (Makedon Akad Nauk Umet Odd Med Nauki). 2017;38(2):85-97. doi:10.1515/prilozi-2017-0026
- Yimer EM, Hishe HZ, Tuem KB. Repurposing of the β-lactam antibiotic, ceftriaxone for neurological disorders: A review. Front Neurosci. 2019;13:236. doi:10.3389/fnins.2019.00236
- Khan ZA, Siddiqui MF, Park S. Current and emerging methods of antibiotic susceptibility testing. Diagnostics (Basel). 2019;9(2):49. doi:10.3390/diagnostics9020049
- Trubiano JA, Stone CA, Grayson ML, et al. The 3 Cs of antibiotic allergy-classification, cross-reactivity, and collaboration. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2017;5(6):1532-42. doi:10.1016/j.jaip.2017.06.017
- Karimzadeh P, Fallahi M, Kazemian M, Taslimi Taleghani N, Nouripour S, Radfar M. Bilirubin induced encephalopathy. Iran J Child Neurol. 2020;14(1):7-19.
- B Braun Medical. Ceftriaxone for injection and dextrose injection. Updated 2009.
- Fakoya AOJ, Omenyi P, Anthony P, et al. Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis; Extensive review of reports of drug-induced etiologies, and possible therapeutic modalities. Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2018;6(4):730-8. doi:10.3889/oamjms.2018.148
- Blumenthal KG, Peter JG, Trubiano JA, Phillips EJ. Antibiotic allergy. Lancet. 2019 Jan 12;393(10167):183-98. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(18)32218-9
- Leicht HB, Weinig E, Mayer B, Viebahn J, Geier A, Rau M. Ceftriaxone-induced hemolytic anemia with severe renal failure: a case report and review of literature. BMC Pharmacol Toxicol. 2018;19(1):67. doi:10.1186/s40360-018-0257-7
- Al-Jashaami LS, Dupont HL. Management of Clostridium difficile infection. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2016;12(10):609-16.
Lisabetta Divita is a physician whose love for writing flourished while she was exposed to all facets of the medical field during her training. Her writings are currently featured in prominent medical magazines and various online publications. She holds a doctorate in medicine, a master's in biomedicine, and a Bachelor of Science in biology from Boston College.