How to Take Natural Antifungals Before or After Meals
Natural antifungals are commonly used to treat local or systemic fungal infections. Both the natural and prescription varieties destroy fungal microbes present in the body and on the body's surface. Apple cider vinegar, grapefruit seed extract and oil of oregano are three powerful antifungals that have been used in folk remedies for centuries and are backed by a growing body of scientific literature to support their efficacy 5. According to "Prescription Alternatives," natural antifungals are most effective when taken before a meal on an empty stomach 12. As with any herbal remedy, however, consult with your doctor before taking natural or prescription antifungals.
Combine one to three drops of grapefruit seed extract in an 8 oz. glass of filtered water. Drink the mixture at least 10 minutes before each meal. Drink up to three glasses of grapefruit seed extract per day. Because it has an unpleasant taste, you may want to combine this extract with juice or add a teaspoon of honey.
How to Lose Weight After Nuvaring
Mix 1 to 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar -- choose organic, unpasteurized and unfiltered for maximum health benefits -- with 8 oz. natural, unsweetened apple juice or filtered water. Drink up to 25 minutes before each meal. In addition to its antifungal properties, apple cider vinegar is a well-known appetite suppressant that regulates blood sugar levels. For example, several studies performed with diabetics found that individuals who consumed apple cider vinegar before meals consumed less calories and lost more weight than their counterparts.
Combine one to three drops of oil of vinegar with 8 oz of unsweetened juice or filtered water. Drink 10 minutes before eating, up to three times per day. Alternatively, fill a vegi-capsule -- a vegetarian empty pill capsule -- with five to eight drops of oil of oregano and take with a meal 5.
Avoid foods known to aggravate fungal conditions, such as sugar, processed wheat products, junk food and alcohol. Take a natural antifungal after a meal if you find that taking it on an empty stomach bothers your digestive system.
Oil of oregano, apple cider vinegar and grapefruit seed extract should never be used undiluted. Do not use apple cider vinegar if you suffer from a stomach or esophageal ulcer.
How to Lose Weight After Nuvaring
How to Use Moroccan Oil
How Do I Take ZMA Anabolic Testosterone Booster?
How to Treat Body Odor Without Deodorant
How to Use Miralax As a Detox
How to Take Dramamine to Fall Asleep
Grapefruit Seed Extract for a Yeast Infection
How to Relieve Pressure in the Ears From Sinus Drainage
Herbs That Remove Toxins or Bacterial Infections From the Body
How to Get Rid of Oral Thrush With Natural Herbs
- "Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth"; Jonny Bowden; 2008
- "Prescription Alternatives"; Earl Mindell; 2003
- "The Healing Powers of Vinegar"; Cal Orey; 2009
- "Nature's Antiseptics"; C.J. Puotinen; 1999
- Wild Oil of Oregano: Uses of Wild Oil of Oregano
- Shishehbor F, Mansoori A, Shirani F. Vinegar consumption can attenuate postprandial glucose and insulin responses; a systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trials. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2017;127:1-9. doi:10.1016/j.diabres.2017.01.021
- Kondo T, Kishi M, Fushimi T, Ugajin S, Kaga T. Vinegar intake reduces body weight, body fat mass, and serum triglyceride levels in obese Japanese subjects. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73(8):1837-43. doi:10.1271/bbb.90231
- Mohammad P, Mojtaba H, Mohammad N. Successful treatment of chronic scalp seborrheic dermatitis using traditional Persian medicine: a case report and literature review. Galen Med J. 2017;6:157-9. doi:10.22086/GMJ.V6I2.706
- Yagnik D, Serafin V, J Shah A. Antimicrobial activity of apple cider vinegar against Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans; downregulating cytokine and microbial protein expression. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1):1732. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-18618-x
- Atik D, Atik C, Karatepe C. The effect of external apple vinegar application on varicosity symptoms, pain, and social appearance anxiety: a randomized controlled trial. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:6473678. doi:10.1155/2016/6473678
- Chang J, Han SE, Paik SS, Kim YJ. Corrosive esophageal injury due to a commercial vinegar beverage in an adolescent. Clin Endosc. 2019 Aug;2019:ce.2019.066. doi:10.5946/ce.2019.066
- Biswal B. Drug-excipient interaction study for apple cider vinegar with 20 potential excipients using modern analytical techniques. Asian J Pharma. 2016;2016:107. doi:10.22377/ajp.v10i1.530
Nicole Carlin is a registered yoga teacher. Her writing has been published in yoga and dance teacher training manuals for POP Fizz Academy. Carlin received a Masters of Arts in gender studies from Birkbeck University in London and a Bachelors of Arts in psychology from Temple University, Philadelphia.