21 July, 2017
How to Accelerate Weight Loss on the HCG Diet
The human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG, diet limits your caloric intake to 500 a day plus the hormone HCG. Because of the strict diet protocol, you must not deviate from the required calories to accelerate weight loss. You can increase the intensity of your daily workouts to help increase fat burning and weight loss. If you currently do not follow any daily exercise routine, do not over-exercise while on the HCG diet.
Consult with your attending HCG diet physician regarding your current exercise habits and how the diet might affect your workout each day. Exercising too strenuously could mean adverse affects while you are on the diet.
Decrease your current workout to moderate aerobic exercise during the first week of your diet. Moderate aerobic exercises could include walking and swimming. Limit your muscle-building activities to exercises such as sit-ups, push-ups or resistance-band training.
Start increasing the intensity of your workout beginning the second week of the diet by jogging, running or riding a bicycle over hilly terrain. Add weight-training machines to increase muscle mass. Intensifying your workout helps accelerate fat burning and weight loss while on the HCG diet.
Return to moderate activity during workouts if you start to gain weight after exercising or you become physically ill.
- Robert L. True MD Cosmetic Surgery & Gynecology: The “How?”s of the HCG Diet
- Healthy HCG: HCG Diet FAQ
- HCG True Diet: Exercise to Burn the Fat
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Physical Activity for Everyone
- U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services: Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Ryan McVay/Photodisc/Getty Images