List of Foods to Reduce Inflammation in the Body
Inflammation in the body is connected to heart disease, arthritis and other chronic diseases 3. Signs of inflammation include redness, heat, swelling, pain and dysfunction of the affected organs. By eating a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds, lean proteins, and low-fat dairy, you can reduce inflammation in your body naturally.
Foods With Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Additionally, spices such as ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties and can be added to stir-fries, smoothies and sauces or can be made into tea.
- The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book; Jessica K. Black
- Be Happy, Be Healthy. Learn How to Eat to Live; Kristina Ladau
- More Anti-Inflammation Diet Tips and Recipes: Protect Yourself From Heart Disease, Arthritis, Diabetes, Allergies, Fatigue and Pain; Jessica K. Black
- Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Health; Barbara Rowe and Lisa M. Davis
- Татьяна Русанова/iStock/Getty Images